This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Wizard, Don Herbert, dead at age 89

The man known as "Mr. Wizard" on television had died after his long battle with cancer. He was the host of Science related shows such as "Watch Mr. Wizard" and "Mr. Wizard's World."

Here is a link to his website where his family announced the passing:
    http://www.mrwizardstudios.com/

Re: Mr. Wizard, Don Herbert, dead at age 89

That is sad, I remember watching him on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. He was so cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

I just read this on Zap2It news. I remember watching him in the 50's! He got a lot of kids interested in science, that's for sure. A really nice man. I purchased his Mr. Wizard Kitchen Science book for my daughter years ago and we did several things from it. I still refer to it when I want to clean my silver (which isn't too often, believe me).
      sigpic

Comment

He was a man who did a lot for a lot of people..children especially...over the years. May he rest in peace.

--Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I am truly saddened... I watched him all the time on Mr. Wizard's World. Him and Bill Nye will always be my favorites.

I'm just glad that, unlike his Dinosaurs counterpart, Mr. Lizard, he never needed another Timmy...
          -Tim

Comment

I remember him from Nickelodeon also. Then later in life I learned he had a older show in the 50's, thanks to the Sci-Fi Channel.

Funny, I just got listening to the "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes: The Annette Funicello Story" book a couple of weeks ago. Annette mentions about him for a little bit. Only that she was talking about the children shows that use to get a big attention just like Mickey Mouse Club. She mentions Howdy Doody show and Mr.Wizard's show.

Rest in peace for him.
            Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Awwww man! I remember watching him on Nickelodeon!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X