This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney should talk to Richard Carpenter

I was listening to the Carpenters song "Because We Are In Love" and thought the song STYLE would be very suitable for a Disney animated feature in the style of the classic ones (eg Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and even Little Mermaid). This is especially true towards the end of the song where I can just visualize the storybook closing. The song was arranged by Richard Carpenter. How does anyone else feel about a marriage of Richard Carpenter's musical talent and Disney animation?

Re: Disney should talk to Richard Carpenter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfddvbKb4w[/youtube]

Comment

Opus1, what a gem. I have been a Carpenters fan since day 1. But somehow over the years I forgot, I guess, just how beautiful Karen was in so many ways. What a shame that we lost her at such a young age.

Was the train in the "video" the old Nature's Wonderland Mine Train?

As per the OP, I am more than agreeable to a Disney collaboration with a musician the likes of Richard.

--Barry
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Dear Opus1guy and Radiobarry,
        Thanks to Opus1guy for the wonderful YouTube link. It was great to see and hear.
        I encourage both you and Radiobarry to listen to the Carpenter's "Because We Are In Love". It's the perfect type of musical arrangement for classic Disney animation. Thank you both for your feedback.
        Smee

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
          Opus1, what a gem. I have been a Carpenters fan since day 1. But somehow over the years I forgot, I guess, just how beautiful Karen was in so many ways. What a shame that we lost her at such a young age.

As per the OP, I am more than agreeable to a Disney collaboration with a musician the likes of Richard.

--Barry
          i loved the carpenters.. if richard still doing things.. since karen died I havent heard anything more about him

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
            O

--Barry
            It sure looks like it. Cool find Opus.
            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

That was an amazing video. I'm sure if Karen Carpenter would still be alive, she'd be a Mice-Chatter. I wonder if Richard is a Mice-Chatter?

Comment

Originally posted by Smee View Post
                I was listening to the Carpenters song "Because We Are In Love" and thought the song STYLE would be very suitable for a Disney animated feature in the style of the classic ones (eg Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and even Little Mermaid). This is especially true towards the end of the song where I can just visualize the storybook closing. The song was arranged by Richard Carpenter. How does anyone else feel about a marriage of Richard Carpenter's musical talent and Disney animation?
                I think Carpenter is just what Disney needs....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X