Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

"Black Sheep"

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Black Sheep"

Black Sheep - Thanks to Ralph Garman of KROQ talking about it, I had to go see it. It's in very limited release but worth the effort to seek out. It's a comedy/horror film about killer sheep. They were genetically engineered, and then something goes horribly wrong, and they turn into people-eating sheep. And if they bite you but you survive, it gets worse - you turn into a weresheep! The trailer used the phrase "violence of the lambs". It's definitely not for kids or the squeemish (sp?). The film is unrated, and for a very good reason. It would probably receive at least an NC17 for graphic violence and adult situations. And I'll admit to not having watched a number of the scenes because of how graphically violent they were. But I also laughed so much during the film. You come away reciting quite a number of the lines. A definite recommend.

And one of the benefits of seeing an art house film is that you get to see art house trailers.

The movie I really want to see is "Goya's Ghosts". I'd link you to the official site instead, but they've apparently chosen only to make a French-language version, which doesn't work too well if you either don't know French or if your French is rusty. The story looks great, and Natalie Portman looks fabulous in this, so I'm excited to see it. Having Milos Forman as the director certainly adds to it, though I'll admit I didn't know he was still alive, much less still directing. The film has already opened elsewhere and is going into limited release in the States starting July 20.

The other movie I'm interested in seeing is "Interview". The poster in the theatre lobby didn't do much for me, but the trailer was actually quite intriguing. The film stars and is directed by Steve Buscemi and co-stars Sienna Miller. Buscemi plays a hard-news reporter/war correspondent, and Miller plays a seemingly vapid starlet. Circumstances come about where the two of them spend quite a bit of time together, and from the trailer, it seems like a very talky movie but also one full of tension and energy nonetheless. The film is going into limited release in the States starting July 13.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X