This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ratatouille" at the El Capitan Theatre

For anyone who's interested, I've posted a report about our trip to the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood to see "Ratatouille". No spoilers about the movie - just extensive pictures of the live stage show that precedes each showing of the film, pictures of extra goodies to see on the lower level of the theatre, extensive pictures of movie-themed merchandise offered including exclusive Studio Store releases, and the themed dessert at the Soda Fountain.

Here's the link: http://www.colddeadfish.net/ratatouilleatelcap.html.

Thanks!

Re: "Ratatouille" at the El Capitan Theatre

I saw during my first visit to the El Capitan and while the digital projection was great, I don't think it was worth the 50 bucks plus travelling up to LA to see it. I would rather watch it on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
      I would rather watch it on DVD.
      You're right. If you'd rather watch a film on DVD, then there is absolutely no reason you would ever need to go to the El Capitan again.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens View Post
        For anyone who's interested, I've posted a report about our trip to the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood to see "Ratatouille". No spoilers about the movie - just extensive pictures of the live stage show that precedes each showing of the film, pictures of extra goodies to see on the lower level of the theatre, extensive pictures of movie-themed merchandise offered including exclusive Studio Store releases, and the themed dessert at the Soda Fountain.

Here's the link: http://www.colddeadfish.net/ratatouilleatelcap.html.

Thanks!
        great pics !!! now for someone like me who has never been, how long are the preshows, is it stadium seating and what are the VIP seats?

Comment

Originally posted by tjcjr View Post
          great pics !!! now for someone like me who has never been, how long are the preshows, is it stadium seating and what are the VIP seats?
          The preshow is usually about 15 minutes long, I'd say. The balcony is stadium seating. Not sure about the orchestra as I haven't sat there in years.

VIP seats mean you purchase a particular seat that is reserved for you, and you also get a bucket of popcorn (you get to keep the plastic bucket) and a drink. It usually costs about $20, and there are sections in both the orchestra and balcony that are designated as VIP seats.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens View Post
            The preshow is usually about 15 minutes long, I'd say. The balcony is stadium seating. Not sure about the orchestra as I haven't sat there in years.

VIP seats mean you purchase a particular seat that is reserved for you, and you also get a bucket of popcorn (you get to keep the plastic bucket) and a drink. It usually costs about $20, and there are sections in both the orchestra and balcony that are designated as VIP seats.
            sounds fantastic thanks !! of course now I am just plain jealous but maybe someday I'll get there too

Comment

nice pics of the stage show. do you know what settings you used on the camera to get them? they turned out real nice!
              Favorite sites of the moment:
              Mice Age
              Mouse Clubhouse
              TV Shows on DVD

Comment

How long is this running?
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Herbie53 View Post
                  nice pics of the stage show. do you know what settings you used on the camera to get them? they turned out real nice!
                  Thanks!

The husband says that the camera has to have a manual setting - 130th of a second shutter speed, lowest F-stop. No flash. Yeah, I was pretty happy with how the pictures came out myself. Usually with the dark shows, it's hard to get decent pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                    How long is this running?
                    'Underdog' opens Friday August 3rd.
                    http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/el_capitan/
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X