Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Bye Bye 'Beauty'

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye 'Beauty'

Bye Bye Beauty

By Harry Haun
    Playbill.com
    06 Jul 2007

Anneliese van der Pol stars as the final Belle in Beauty and the Beast.
    photo by George Holz
    As Disney's Beauty and the Beast ends its fairy-tale run on Broadway, we catch up with cast members past and present.
    Beauty and the Beast, the Alan Menken– Howard Ashman/Tim Rice– Linda Woolverton tunefest, will give its 5,464th — and last — Broadway performance on July 29, sailing off into the history books as not only the sixth longest-running Broadway show of all time but also the longest-running production at the Palace and the Lunt-Fontanne Theatres.

To mark the milestone, Disney threw a birthday bash to end 'em all (literally, alas), inviting back to its stage castle for a photo shoot all 250-plus who've trod Beauty's Broadway boards in those 13 years. Some 135 showed, and after, they adjourned to Sardi's Eugenia Room for good fellowship and a festive repast.

The room was lit flickeringly with Lumieres. There were tinklings of Belles here and there and a host of household utensils yearning to be "Human Again" (clocks, teapots, chipped teacups, salt shakers, spatulas). But there was only one Beast in the room, the once and current Beast, Steve Blanchard, and he received a caricature as The Beast. (The only other actor that Sardi's has caricatured in character is Michael Crawford as The Phantom of the Opera.Beauty and the Beast. It's been the most wonderful theatre experience."
    "People really love this show," says the Lumiere from Avenue Q, John Tartaglia. "It's a show with heart. You can be dazzled, you can be exhilarated, but if you've been moved in some way, that's the most powerful kind of theatre. To see people leaving the theatre from 99 to 4, all of them moved by the same experience — for me, that's just so very gratifying."
    Full article at:
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109377.html

'Beauty' sets Broadway closing date - Variety - 1/18/07
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...beast+broadway
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Bye Bye 'Beauty'

Sad to see it go. I always wanted to see it in New York, and regret not buying a program when we were near the theater back in 1998.

Comment

My old theatre instructor once told me how the magical switch is made- its a pretty neat trick, though I haven't seen it up close enough to confirm it. I just wonder how dinner theaters pull it off!
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I was glad that I was able to see this show last month before it closed. But I can't wait for The Little Mermaid!

Comment

Saw it on tour in Sacramento, yeah I know it's not the same, but it was magical all the same. And I'll have the memories of seeing it and then performing it last year as Gaston. Fun! BatB, we will miss you.
          sigpic
          Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

I saw the traveling show about 10 years ago in Century city...and had super bad seats....I got the chance to see it last year in New York with amazning seats and was blown away!!! What a beautiful musical.
            HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

I saw it in 2004 And I fell in love with the musical

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X