X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07-09-07 Harry Potter and the Grownup Geek

Harry Potter and the Grown-up Geek
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.here >>

Re: 07-09-07 Harry Potter and the Grownup Geek

I have to admit, i am really looking forward to the release of the book :csmile: The movie, not so sure; in my past experiences the movie never does the book justice, i guess we'll see.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

I normally hate the movies because it never gives a full representation of what goes on in the book. It's easier to write something then make someone do something, so I understand it's hard to do the movie. But WHY do they have to cut out parts of the book for the movies, it bugs the crap out of me.

^Thankye Con!! ^

Comment

Originally posted by wookiegirl View Post
        I normally hate the movies because it never gives a full representation of what goes on in the book. It's easier to write something then make someone do something, so I understand it's hard to do the movie. But WHY do they have to cut out parts of the book for the movies, it bugs the crap out of me.
        Unfortunately, if they left everything in, the movie would be like 10 hours long or something. While we might not mind, the casual fan probably would mind sitting in a theater for that many hours.

Comment

Originally posted by <3WillTurner View Post
          I have to admit, i am really looking forward to the release of the book :csmile: The movie, not so sure; in my past experiences the movie never does the book justice, i guess we'll see.
          My family says the new movie is the best one yet.

Originally posted by wookiegirl View Post
          But WHY do they have to cut out parts of the book for the movies, it bugs the crap out of me.
          Simple... time. Movies have a very well defined window people will sit and watch. Anything more then about 2.5hrs.. people start getting fidgity.. any movie that pushes 3hrs or more really takes a beating because of it.

Comment

Its just like the Clif notes in college. It cuts out the main parts but gets to the point. I stopped going to the movies after Chamber of Secrets. My son loves the movies but he is 10 and does not have the temperment right now to read the whole book and so I rent the DVD's.
            Last edited by alldaymd; 07-27-2007, 10:48 AM. Reason: wrong word
            I know you, :squeeze:I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert). :yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X