Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Disney & others claim '09 & '10 release dates

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney & others claim '09 & '10 release dates

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the only Narnia story that I'm familiar with so I have no particular interest in any of the other films. Am I on my own, or are there any others like me?
    That's why I think it's great that they are making more of them. Not many people are familiar with the stories so for many they'll be original, yet the books are all written already so they won't run into any problems trying to come up with a weak story line for each additional movie they produce.

Comment

Originally posted by wikipedia
      The Lion I did not know I was going to write any more. Then I wrote P. Caspian as a sequel and still didn't think there would be any more, and when I had done The VoyageDorsett & Mead 1996).
      Or, as far as significance goes, Caspian doesn't come before Wardrobe. Even in chronological order, it doesn't. If the books are ordered AS published, then Wardrobe is first and Caspian is second. It looks like they are going that route for the Narnia films.
      Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM. Reason: Quoting

Comment

My biggest gripe with the upcoming films is the glutton of comic book hero films. Yes, I liked it when we had a few of them, but that list posted is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
          Or, as far as significance goes, Caspian doesn't come before Wardrobe. Even in chronological order, it doesn't. If the books are ordered AS published, then Wardrobe is first and Caspian is second. It looks like they are going that route for the Narnia films.
          I've always thought they make more sense when read in publishing order. Wardrobe, Caspian, and Dawn Treader all clearly follow each other sequentially. If they want to maintain continuity of characters (and actors) in the films, they'd do Silver Chair and Last Battle next. The Horse and His Boy and The Magician's Nephew don't really fit in the chronology (the latter is an origins story). If the films continue to be successful, I'll be curious to see which books they adapt next.

I'm a little concerned that they've waited so long on Prince Caspian, and I'm equally concerned that they're pushing so fast on Dawn Treader.
          "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
          --John Lasseter

Comment

What ever happened to coming up with something new? I'm sure "Keebler Elves the movie" will be here by Xmas.
            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
              I don't know about anyone else but the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the only Narnia story that I'm familiar with so I have no particular interest in any of the other films. Am I on my own, or are there any others like me?
              I have read all of the books and while I enjoyed them all it is hard to picture them as movies. I guess I will just have to wait and see what they come up with and make my decision then!

I have to agree with the majority here that all these sequels are getting tiring. I want something new and exciting not just a continuation of the same old movies.

On that note though, has anyone heard of when Cars 2 is slated to be released?
              Christina

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X