This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Runner - The Final Cut

Finally this movie is getting the treatment it deserves!

Coming out December 18.

There's going to be a 2-disc, 4-disc, and 5-disc set. The five disc set will contain the director's cut, the theatrical version, the new final cut, and a workprint version. For more info on it check out its listing on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-F...5663547&sr=1-4

Re: Blade Runner - The Final Cut

I saw Ridley Scott talk about this on G4's coverage of ComicCon. Couldn't be more excited.

Comment

I'm hopeful. I loved it when it came out in theaters and it defined the times that followed - unfortunately that made it seem dated. Saw the "Directors Cut" recently and it just didn't seem to flow as well to me - made me want to see the theatrical release again. I hope this definitive version actually is.

Comment

Now available for pre-order at Amazon.

Full press release at The Digital Bits.

Comment

Originally posted by General You View Post
          I'm hopeful. I loved it when it came out in theaters and it defined the times that followed - unfortunately that made it seem dated. Saw the "Directors Cut" recently and it just didn't seem to flow as well to me - made me want to see the theatrical release again. I hope this definitive version actually is.
          The "final cut" will be shown in New York and L.A. theaters this fall (Oct. 5) and at film festivals in Venice (Aug. 29-Sept. 8) and New York (Sept. 28-Oct. 14).

Comment

I love this film, but they've had multiple "final cut" versions already...

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens View Post
              I love this film, but they've had multiple "final cut" versions already...
              The "Director's Cut" that was released in 1992 was not actually authorized by Ridley Scott. The studio did it without his involvement. This time, however, he is involved, and he did authorize this edit.

Comment

It's about time! I have been waiting for this ...since.... forever...
                I have hated the Director's Cut, I never liked Ridley Scott's version. Definitely a must have with this special edition.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X