This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadway Junior Disney Shows

I was recently involved in a production of Disney's Aladdin Jnr. It was excellent and really appealed to the kids who were involved.

We are now looking to produce either Mulan Jnr or Alice in Wonderland Jnr. Has anyone come across these and could make comment on them?

Upon reading the scripts for both, Mulan is by far the stronger but Alice is more recognisable to general audiences. Alice has been updated and I would be interested to hear comments on the new arrangements and also on the new songs that appear in Mulan. Alice seems to be rather large-scale with potentially a lot of costumes and scenery, where as Mulan seems more managable.

Thanks
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Re: Broadway Junior Disney Shows

Here in the USA, Music Theatre International handles the junior Disney musicals, and they come with complete kits that includes slides and pre-recorded music to name a few. I suggest you go with Alice...unless you want to do High School Musical.

Comment

Re: Broadway Junior Disney Shows

I'm aware of the format and what comes with the package following our production of Aladdin.

No way would we go anywhere near HSM and Alice not only looks like a large-scale production, but also seems to be rather 'childish' in its execution. Anyone had actual personal experience of the show?
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X