Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

    Ok, so the Jungle Book is geting the Platinum treatment and comes out next week. What is next? I thought 101 Dalmations, then, it seems to me, to be Aristocats. DO you tihnk they're gonna keep doing it just twice a year? Do they realize how many they have? I understand the process to archive and restore, but we'll be in a new format by the time we get all the way through them...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

    Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

  • #2
    Re: Platinum editions

    Personally, JB is one of my favorites, great
    characters, great music! And it's the 1st
    movie I ever recall seeing in a movie theater.

    What I'm wondering about the Release is
    "Where are the BEST extras?"
    At Wal-Mart, they are going with their
    stupid "Buy the dvd, get a Jungle Song CD"
    They are usually pretty Lame kid songs.

    At The Disney Store, they are giving away
    four prints with a pre purchase and have a
    limited edition snowglobe for $4.99 with purchase
    of the video. The prints aren't that great,
    and the snowglobe is ok. I'm just not into
    snowglobes, UNLESS it is very detailed.

    Does anyone else know what is being offered
    at other store for the Jungle Book and/or
    pre purchase?
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Platinum editions

      best buy is offering a king louie or baloo plush with purchase

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Platinum editions

        Originally posted by sorceress1986 View Post
        Ok, so the Jungle Book is geting the Platinum treatment and comes out next week. What is next? I thought 101 Dalmations, then, it seems to me, to be Aristocats. DO you tihnk they're gonna keep doing it just twice a year? Do they realize how many they have? I understand the process to archive and restore, but we'll be in a new format by the time we get all the way through them...
        101 Dalmations Platinum Edition DVD will still be released in March 2008 as scheduled. The Aristocats will be released sometime during that period as a 2 Disc Special Edition (It's supposed to be different from a Plantinum Edition but these days not really :P) I think theyre gonna continue releasing two Plantinum Editions a year (one in Mar and another in Oct) but that doesnt necessarily mean that they will be the only times Disney will release an animated feature to DVD.

        I suggest going to UltimateDisney.com. It is a great information site for Disney DVD releases.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

          No, I think, though the ad I saw doesn't say so, that Aristocats is going to be Platinum. This happened to me once before. I didn't get Alladin for a long time because the ads kept saying "Special Edition". They tend to not be consistent. And I want them in platinum, not some in "Special" and some in "Platinum". So they need to hurry up.
          My mind won't rest
          and I don't sleep
          Not even in my dreams...
          -"If You Ever Did Believe"
          written by Stevie Nicks

          Chasen Matthew Pacheco
          1985-2005

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

            Here's next year's releases and what kind of edition they will be in:

            101 Dalmations - Platinum Edition - Spring 2008 (March I think)
            The Aristocats - Special Edition - Spring 2008
            Sleeping Beauty - Platinum Edition - Fall 2008 (October)

            Starting in 2009 they might be releasing Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasia again. I'm still waiting for a Pinocchio Platinum Edition.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

              I thought I saw Pinocchio in there somewhere.

              Why are they re-releasing Snow White? I mean, I realize it's the 7-year thing, but they should finish releasing the others in that time. And I don't think Fantasia was ever on Platinum.
              My mind won't rest
              and I don't sleep
              Not even in my dreams...
              -"If You Ever Did Believe"
              written by Stevie Nicks

              Chasen Matthew Pacheco
              1985-2005

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

                I'm still waiting for a Pinocchio Platinum Edition.
                Me too!
                I have the previous DVD bare bones release, but I also have the big mega box set Laser Disc edition that came with all kinds of bonus features and stuff, including a restored CD soundtrack.
                Last edited by sailerm; 09-28-2007, 05:31 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Platinum editions

                  Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                  Personally, JB is one of my favorites, great
                  characters, great music! And it's the 1st
                  movie I ever recall seeing in a movie theater.

                  What I'm wondering about the Release is
                  "Where are the BEST extras?"
                  At Wal-Mart, they are going with their
                  stupid "Buy the dvd, get a Jungle Song CD"
                  They are usually pretty Lame kid songs.

                  At The Disney Store, they are giving away
                  four prints with a pre purchase and have a
                  limited edition snowglobe for $4.99 with purchase
                  of the video. The prints aren't that great,
                  and the snowglobe is ok. I'm just not into
                  snowglobes, UNLESS it is very detailed.

                  Does anyone else know what is being offered
                  at other store for the Jungle Book and/or
                  pre purchase?
                  If you live in Canada, then Future Shop seems to be the best deal. They have a special edition that comes in one of those fancy steelbooks. Problem is, they're charging an extra $8 for it over the regular one. I might pick it up, simply cause I got a giftcard there and don't know what else to do with it. I just wonder if the steelbook one will still have all the booklets (and most importantly, the reward points)? But they're also advertising that if you buy it there, you save $7 off the price of Aladdin, Little Mermaid or Peter Pan when you buy it. I might just take advantage of that deal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

                    I think in time they will re do all the disney movies
                    :crazylegs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

                      Originally posted by Crazy Legs View Post
                      I think in time they will re do all the disney movies
                      All 46 animated features deserve platinum or special edition 2-disc sets.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

                        Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                        All 46 animated features deserve platinum or special edition 2-disc sets.
                        And how!

                        But more quickly, I think. And why do they release some on "Special" and others on "Platinum" when they are going to go on that anyway? I mean, you're adding the same stuff, doing the same research for making-of's and other documentaries, why not just release more during the year?
                        My mind won't rest
                        and I don't sleep
                        Not even in my dreams...
                        -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                        written by Stevie Nicks

                        Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                        1985-2005

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

                          Oh, good, somehow I missed picking up Sleeping Beauty
                          when it was released on dvd, recently. Darn those short
                          release periods.

                          I am looking forward to some of the new extras on the
                          Jungle Book. Jim Hill did have some articles about Rocky
                          the Rhino, always like to learn stuff like that.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

                            Does anybody happen to know what the 2009 Platinums will be? I'm guessing one of them will probably be Pinocchio, but the other I'm not sure. Maybe a Fantasia Platinum?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disney DVD - Platinum Editions

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=lpW8wqE_Rac

                              101 dalmatians platinum edition trailer

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X