Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Live in Celebration, Florida?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Live in Celebration, Florida?

I've never talked with anyone who does. But, I'm curious to know your opinions, if you do.

Re: Does Anyone Live in Celebration, Florida?

Why, so you can tell them you think they're stupid for purchasing a home there?

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Somewhere along the way, Disney became less about the creative and visionary, as exemplified by the original concept for EPCOT, and, instead, became a name to sell generic products and services that merely fit a family lifestyle. The City of Celebration in Florida is a good example. That development certainly didn't attempt anything especially imaginative or groundbreaking.
    Have you ever been to Celebration, Florida? Maybe as a side visit on a trip to WDW? Where did you divine that the development was especially unimaginative or groundbreaking?

Comment

I think I saw a special on this. is this the city that is run by Disney??? Kinda looks like a Westeria Lane?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
        I think I saw a special on this. is this the city that is run by Disney??? Kinda looks like a Westeria Lane?
        The cities run by Disney are Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake (both of which are also lakes). Celebration is more planned and designed by Disney. The level of control is nowhere near what was considered for EPCOT.

I know bus drivers I not always considered that reliable, but I was talking to on who's lawyer lives in Celebration. He said it was some houses and shops and that my time was better spent at Downtown Disney.

Personally, I have never really understood why the town was built to begin with.

Comment

I live near Celebration and often Dine there. I think that this city itself is wonderful. It creates a feeling a safety cleanliness and safety similar to what a person might feel in the parks. It is reminiscent of Pleasantville.
          "To all who come to this happy place, Welcome."

Comment

Anyone who's seen Avenue Q may remember Lucy the Slut just got back from her tour there. (Amsterdam, Bangkok, and Celebration, FL)

Comment

Disney failed even at celebration and bailed out.

Now its just a community near disney. Looks like an oversized condo place to me. Tho the sushi place in their shopping center is pretty damn good

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                Disney failed even at celebration and bailed out.

Now its just a community near disney. Looks like an oversized condo place to me. Tho the sushi place in their shopping center is pretty damn good
                So Disney has nothing to do with them anymore? Who is their management company now.

The way I see it, Disney is to Celebration, FL no more than The Irvine Company is to Irvine, CA. Disney may have thought that having their name as the management company may lend a big difference as far as the quality of the city is concerned -- like living in WDW I suppose. But in reality it is no different than any other property management company.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen THE STEPFORD WIVES by the way?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X