X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'HSM 3' moves ahead

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
    Not to much intrigue here.
    This is not atypical of a film project with some of the principals still in negotiations, studio will announce formally when all of the deals are in place.

My guess is in time for the 12/11 DVD release of 'HSM 2'.
    They've already announced the third film will be one of the half-dozen films to begin production over the next few months.
    I'm just saying, it seems like the article is contradicting itself.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
      I've said it before, I'd much rather my kids have Hannah Montana, HSM, etc to watch and listen to than what Tweens had not more than a decade ago with the Britney's of the world.
      I don't know how you do it, and as a parent no less, but yes, I agree. Some of the pop acts when I was that age a decade ago (or more) aren't all that wholesome anymore.

That said, I'm going to do my damnest to avoid any part of the town that has to do with Hannah Montanna's Homecoming Concert this Friday. It's bad enough it will be Black Friday.
      WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

With all the HSM disdain, I just felt the need to add....

Wooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo, HSM 3 !

Comment

'High School Musical 3': Headed for the big screen

Nov 28, 2007, 09:00 AM
          by Nicole Sperling
          ew.com

Those Wildcats are roaring back with a third iteration of the High School MusicalHSM3's plot points are being kept hush-hush, but we've learned that it's centered around the senior prom.
          http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/...i-a-go-fo.html
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Senior Year-Themed "High School Musical 3" to Begin Filming in Utah in Spring

By Ernio Hernandez
            Playbill
            28 Nov 2007

Production on "High School Musical 3" is aiming for a spring 2008 start, director-choreographer Kenny Ortega told The Daily News.

"We've got a script, we're developing the music, and it looks like we've rounded up the cast. We're looking at dates," Ortega told the New York paper.

Pre-production on the third installment — which will be a feature film to be released theatrically — is expected to start in January 2008. Filming will take place in Salt Lake City, Utah.

"I can say, we're sort of returning to East High in the last year of the Wildcats," Ortega divulged about the plot.

Ortega ("Newsies"), who both directed and choreographed the original film and the first sequel for the Disney Channel, will return for the third movie to be penned again by writer Peter Barsocchini.

The original stars include Zac Efron (as Troy), Vanessa Hudgens (Gabriella), Ashley Tisdale (Sharpay), Lucas Grabeel (Ryan), Corbin Bleu (Chad) and Monique Coleman (Taylor).

Disney's original "High School Musical" has already spawned sing-along, dance along and pop-up editions, two soundtracks, two DVD versions, games, two stage versions, a concert tour and an ice show. "High School Musical 2" will be released on DVD Dec. 11.

Visit the "High School Musical 2" website at disneychannel.com/highschoolmusical2 for more information.
            http://www.playbill.com/news/article/113108.html
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Senior prom sounds a whole lot better than the rumor'd Haunted and Gradu-dancing subtitles. I can see them pulling that off rather well somehow, with that movie's single possibly being the song during the prom scene.

Comment

No Zac No!!!! Run! Run for the hills, Zac! You can do better!

I'm really jsut tired of these, tired of the word "tween", and tired of Disney taking the stuff that's annoying in the first place, and milking it until it's worse than dead.
                My mind won't rest
                and I don't sleep
                Not even in my dreams...
                -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                1985-2005

Comment

Annoying? Have you actually watched the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by sorceress1986 View Post
                    No Zac No!!!! Run! Run for the hills, Zac! You can do better!

I'm really jsut tired of these, tired of the word "tween", and tired of Disney taking the stuff that's annoying in the first place, and milking it until it's worse than dead.
                    I understand what you're saying, but this stuff makes money so I don't really blame them. I just don't watch it.
                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Filming frenzy

After a long, slow summer, Utah movie activity sizzles in the fall

By Vince Horiuchi
                      The Salt Lake Tribune
                      Article Last Updated: 11/17/2007 11:26:59 AM MST

Actor Lucas Grabeel, best known as the flashy teen thespian in "High School Musical," is based in Los Angeles, but he's spent a lot more time acting in Utah than in Tinseltown.

In the past three years, he's shot six films here, ranging from the Disney Channel's "Halloweentown High" to the recent smash TV movie "High School Musical 2."

And Grabeel perfectly understands why he and producers keep coming back to the Beehive State.

"It's an amazing place to film," he said on the set of his latest movie, a musical called "Lock and Roll Forever." "Not only are [filmmakers] getting tax breaks filming here, but 40 miles outside of Salt Lake there is every kind of geographical landscape to shoot in."

Grabeel's sentiments evidently are shared by a number of filmmakers who have turned this fall season into a veritable hive of filming activity in Utah, a stark contrast to the rather tepid summer, when only a handful of projects were made.

This month alone, four films were simultaneously shooting in Salt Lake County: "Lock and Roll Forever," a live-action/animated musical/comedy about six Japanese girl rockers who come to America; the Disney Channel comedy "Dadnapped," starring "Hannah Montana" co-star Emily Osment; the thriller "The Cusp," described as "Medium" meets "CSI"; and the Tom Arnold comedy "The Jerk Theory."

Last September, the independent film "Yankles," about an Orthodox Jewish baseball team, was shot in Utah, while the Disney Channel wrapped another shoot in Salt Lake County on "Minute Men." Meanwhile, filmmaker Dave Boyle wrapped shooting this fall on his Japanese culture comedy "White on Rice."

Going into the winter and spring, actor/director James Keach is expected to shoot "Waiting for Forever" here, and the producers of "High School Musical" will go to Provo in January to shoot the musical "American Mall." In the spring, they will return to East High School, of course, for "High School Musical 3."
                      Producer Barry Rosenbush, who brought "High School Musical" to the masses, has shot six movies in the state in the past 2 1/2 years, including an erotic horror movie called "Animals," which he shot last summer, and "American Pastime," a baseball movie about Japanese internees during World War II. His next two films after "Lock and Roll Forever" will be shot here, and he and his partner want to open a production office in Salt Lake City.

"I try to use the same people because I trust them," he said, sitting on the set of a Japanese music club built in a Salt Lake City warehouse for "Lock and Roll Forever." "That's why I come here all the time. It's my Utah family."
                      Full article at:
                      http://www.sltrib.com//ci_7492207?IA...www.sltrib.com

Comment

Well, as someone who works in the Disney Store and has to hear "What Time is It?" about every 20 min all day I can't say I'm excited about a third movie. Particularly since I felt that the second movie did not live up to the first. I just hope and pray that Disney will stop over producing the songs. You can barely hear the actual voices through the digital alterations. Since Efron and Grabeel can actually sing this is very depressing. Maybe they can have a song with just the boys and then they won't have to overproduce it.

And, again, personally I'm just waiting for Tisdale, Cyrus, Osmet and the rest to snap like all those sweet tweens that have gone before them. Spears, Timberlake, Lohan .... etc... It's almost like they don't stand a chance.
                        sigpic
                        I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

You may have to wait a long time for those girls to snap. Cyrus and Osmet seem to be very well grounded. My money is on Tisdale to ruin her career first, mostly because she's older and has the greater amount of potential to screw up in one way or another.

Comment

Disclaimer: I have not read all the responses and posts.

All I can say, is thank God the rumored 'Haunted High School Musical' has been replaced by something that actually makes sense and should do well. Good for them. A 'senior' themed show should progress the characters nicely...and hopefully cap the franchise.
                            "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Yeah, "College Musical" doesn't have a very good ring to it.

Comment

I wouldn't put it past them. Maybe they could do a horrific biology number like Grease 2.
                                I agree that Tisdale would be soonest to snap. She's what 21? And she hangs out with a bunch of kids on her show and teenagers in her movies. Someday she's going to go out with the grown ups and it is going to be all over. Hehehehehe.......
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
                                  I agree that Tisdale would be soonest to snap. She's what 21? And she hangs out with a bunch of kids on her show and teenagers in her movies. Someday she's going to go out with the grown ups and it is going to be all over. Hehehehehe.......
                                  Nice thoughts, perfect for the holidays. While I'm sure your concern is appreciated, don't worry about her. At very least she could always get a job as a spokesperson for or pick up some hours at The Children's Place.

Comment

my aren't we touchy.

If you must know, I intensly dislike Ashley Tisdale because she and the rest of the Disney Channel actors are absolutly horrible. They overact and portray the most frivilous concerns in those infantile shows that are supposed to be helping children form opionions about life. All they care about are shopping and dating and music and movie stars. It's shallow and superficial. Rather than trying to use their clout to change it, Disney is playing to the masses and spoon feeding them insipid trite so they can rake in the profit.

I've loved Disney since I was a child and it sickens me to se it defamed and degraded by mediocre performances that are cranked out at top speed to make a buck. Rather than rant angrily about it, I make jokes. I apologize if that offends you.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
                                        If you must know, I intensly dislike Ashley Tisdale because she and the rest of the Disney Channel actors are absolutly horrible. They overact and portray the most frivilous concerns in those infantile shows that are supposed to be helping children form opionions about life. All they care about are shopping and dating and music and movie stars. It's shallow and superficial. Rather than trying to use their clout to change it, Disney is playing to the masses and spoon feeding them insipid trite so they can rake in the profit.
                                        Personally, I'm in the school of "Don't blame the actors, blame the writers/directors/producers" thought.

That said, I went into HSM2 not watching for acting but more for how well it was written and directed in comparison to the first one. The plot stunk for HSM2, but the music was a little bit better. The digital edits didn't bother me since that's where music is going towards these days. I mean, have you heard samples from the Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack?

The actors and actresses themselves are doing the best that they can. Well, as best as the directors want at least. Put them in a more complicated role than what they've been casted in before, and I'm sure their true acting talents will come out. That's the real proof of acting ability, versitility. Just look at Johnny Depp.

Comment

I agree up to a certain point. I really like Efron, Grabeel, and Bleu. I think they are truly talented and I can't wait until Grabeel and Bleu can get a part that is worthy of them. My problem is with Hudgens and Tisdale. I know, personally, girls that are so much more talented than them but could never get cast in hollywood because they aren't pretty enough. Now these two have recording contracts and film careers just because they are cute. It makes me cranky.

I know the parts aren't that substantial but I really feel that they are barely even up to playing them. Tisdale is so wincingly bad in "Suite Life" that I can't even watch an entire episode without wanting to throw something. Maybe it's the actor in me being a perfectionist. I really like the choreography and the songs really are catchy. I just wish Disney would look for the best talent and not the best looking talent.
                                          sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X