X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'HSM 3' moves ahead

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    I just wish Disney would look for the best talent and not the best looking talent.
    Not just Disney, but most of Hollywood.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

I know the parts aren't that substantial but I really feel that they are barely even up to playing them. Tisdale is so wincingly bad in "Suite Life" that I can't even watch an entire episode without wanting to throw something. Maybe it's the actor in me being a perfectionist. I really like the choreography and the songs really are catchy. I just wish Disney would look for the best talent and not the best looking talent.
      The Suite Life is indeed un-watchable most times, but not because of her. Those twins couldn't act if their lives depended on it. It's SO obvious they are reading queue cards, etc in EVERY scene.

Comment

Too true clinks, too true.
        sigpic
        I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Another encore for 'High School Musical'

Theatrical film version will be shot at Salt Lake City's East High School

By Lesley Mitchell and Vince Horiuchi
          The Salt Lake Tribune
          Article Last Updated: 12/17/2007 10:24:18 AM MST

The teen heartthrobs of "High School Musical" will dance and sing their way back to Utah to film the third installment of the blockbuster Disney franchise, it was confirmed Friday.

Shooting begins April 21 and is expected to wrap June 13, according to documents filed with the Governor's Office of Economic Development board (GOED). While the first two films premiered on the Disney Channel television network, the new movie, scheduled for release in the second half of 2008, will debut in movie theaters.

"[The third] 'High School Musical' will be officially shooting in Utah," Lisa Roskelley, spokeswoman for Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., said Friday.

To help lure the production back to where it began - at Salt Lake City's East High School - the GOED board Friday approved a maximum $2 million incentive for the production, the largest ever given to entice a filmmaker to Utah.

Disney officials and Don Schain, the Salt Lake City-based producer of the first two films, declined to comment Friday.

But East High School Principal Paul Sagers said he and Salt Lake City School District officials have been meeting with Disney executives about renting the East High building for filming. Shooting is scheduled for 41 days, longer than the first two movies.

"At least verbally we all committed to doing that," he said. "They've basically asked to use the classrooms, the halls, the gyms . . . and the commons area [the lunch room]."

Though filmmakers are tight-lipped about the script, sources said the third movie has the singing Wildcat seniors - including the gushing Troy (Zac Efron) and Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens) - graduating from high school. A fourth movie, called "Haunted High School Musical," also is planned.

The first two movies have been a gold mine for Disney, generating merchandising that includes dolls, videos, and a national concert tour. The films have been seen by more than 160 million people in the U.S. and dozens of foreign countries.

Utah provided $263,000 and $500,000 in incentives for the first two films, respectively, to get them produced here. The incentives come in the form of a 15 percent rebate on what the production spends in Utah. In documents filed with the state, Disney officials said the production company would spend an estimated $13.3 million in Utah on HSM3.

"Each one has gradually become more prestigious after the success of the first one," said Marshall Moore, director of the Utah Film Commission. "And going from a cable release to a theatrical release certainly solidifies its position as a franchise."
          http://www.sltrib.com//ci_7729118?IA...www.sltrib.com
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder what the quality of the script will be with the strike going on. They won't be able to do any on set revisions.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
              The Suite Life is indeed un-watchable most times, but not because of her. Those twins couldn't act if their lives depended on it. It's SO obvious they are reading queue cards, etc in EVERY scene.
              Amen to that!
              A signature should go here.

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder what the quality of the script will be with the strike going on. They won't be able to do any on set revisions.
                They were able to get the script out before the strike. But, yeah, I think they are going to have to take it "as is" as well, since they probably can't re-write it on the fly. That would mean the editers, director, and producers are going to end up cutting out what doesn't fit if they so feel the need to.

Comment

ouch.. That frightens me. I hope they film like 6 versions of everything just in case
                  sigpic

Comment

my aren't we touchy.

If you must know, I intensly dislike Ashley Tisdale because she and the rest of the Disney Channel actors are absolutly horrible. They overact and portray the most frivilous concerns in those infantile shows that are supposed to be helping children form opionions about life. All they care about are shopping and dating and music and movie stars. It's shallow and superficial. Rather than trying to use their clout to change it, Disney is playing to the masses and spoon feeding them insipid trite so they can rake in the profit.

I've loved Disney since I was a child and it sickens me to se it defamed and degraded by mediocre performances that are cranked out at top speed to make a buck. Rather than rant angrily about it, I make jokes. I apologize if that offends you.
                    Thats how i feel in todays entertainment especially disney channel. But I still like hilary duff though. lol.

Comment

How on earth can you feel that way and like Hilary Duff?? I'm confused.
                      sigpic

Comment

okay one, not in theatres, its a tv movie -ugh- trilogy, it just wouldn't make that kind of sense, i guess its been done with other movies, but they strayed off the original and not slapped a sequel sign on it. it just doesnt make sense,

two, okay i get about hudgens, but what did ashely do? did i miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by leotabelle13 View Post
                          okay one, not in theatres, its a tv movie -ugh- trilogy, it just wouldn't make that kind of sense, i guess its been done with other movies, but they strayed off the original and not slapped a sequel sign on it. it just doesnt make sense,
                          I agree. I think this will be the biggest critique with this movie when it hits theatres. Those that will defend it will cite Star Wars and how it started with the fourth movie, but you can't really compare the two like that to justify releasing the third movie on the big screen. You know, what with Star Wars having no establish fan base prior to Episode 4 releasing.

Comment

No one on Earth will cite 'Star Wars' in any way shape or form when reviewing 'HSM 3'.

Over $200 million in revenue generated by the 'HSM' machine for the Walt Disney Company justifies the studio making this move. The chance to gain boxoffice receipts and merchandising, home entertainment, etc. is far too lucrative not to imagine and exploit.
                            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                              Over $200 million in revenue generated by the 'HSM' machine for the Walt Disney Company justifies the studio making this move. The chance to gain boxoffice receipts and merchandising, home entertainment, etc. is far too lucrative not to imagine and exploit.
                              The same can be said for Hannah Montanna...

..oh wait...

Comment

According to Internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0962726/) it's scheduled for release 8 October 08.

Comment

I have to agree with Alias. The dollars are the only justification that the studio needs. After all, if no one wants to see it, it won't make any money, right? ::shrug:: Just because adults see through to the rampant capitalism doesn't mean it will stop pre-teens from seeing it 3 or 4 times just so that they can look at Efron and Bleu's dreaminess. Ick
                                  sigpic

Comment

edited
                                    Last edited by Oswald the Rabbitt; 01-08-2008, 04:19 PM. Reason: not posted by myself

Comment

'Musical' kids return for 'Senior Year'

Film to debut in theaters on Oct. 24

By Marc Graser
                                      Variety
                                      January 14, 2008

The cast of Disney Channel's "High School Musical" franchise has agreed to enroll in a third outing of the runaway hit that Walt Disney Pictures will bow in theaters Oct. 24.

Set to return for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" are Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman.

Project had already been in the works as a theatrical release after the second TV movie attracted a record-breaking audience for Disney Channel.

And much of the cast was expected to return for the pic that starts lensing in the spring. But questions remained whether Disney would offer up big enough paydays to bring back its stars, especially Efron, after the TV movies became an instant phenom and put them on the map, drumming up offers for pics at the major studios, as a result.

Efron is currently lensing the comedy "Seventeen" for New Line and is signed to star in a redo of "Footloose" at Paramount.

Kenny Ortega will direct "HSM3" from a script by Peter Barsocchini. Both helmed and penned the first two TV movies. Bill Borden, Barry Rosenbush and Don Schain will produce.

Pic will revolve around seniors Troy (Efron) and Gabriella (Hudgens) facing the prospect of being separated from one another as they head off in different directions to college. Joined by the rest of the Wildcats, they stage an elaborate spring musical reflecting their experiences, hopes and fears about their future.

Last summer, 18.2 million viewers tuned into "High School Musical 2," making it the largest audience for a basic-cable telecast. Its soundtrack was the No. 2 album of 2007 in the U.S. selling 6.5 million units. Disney Channel says first "HSM" has been seen by 250 million viewers worldwide since it bowed in 2006.
                                      http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Comment

Predictible plot synopsis, but we kind of all saw that coming when the PRs before this was posted, right?

I'm just wondering how the Senior Prom is going to play out. You know that scene will be in there.

Comment

::GASP:: They are re-doing Footloose? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
                                          sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X