This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'HSM 3' moves ahead

I'm still surprised HSM2 wasn't released in the theatres. It would have made more than Underdog.

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    ::GASP:: They are re-doing Footloose? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Are you upset because the first one was such a classic?

or

Are you upset because you don't care to see such a crappy movie re-made?

Comment

I actually liked Footloose. I think it's more that I'm heartily sick of re-makes, PERIOD. There are new stories out there. Why, oh why, do we have to re-make things. Leave them alone. It's a personal pet peeve of mine. Re-makes and sequels are almost never as good as the originals. Also I have no desire to see Zac Efron play that part.
      sigpic
      I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Well, I know one person that won't be going to see Speed Racer.
        WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Good lord, are they re-doing Speed Racer too!~! What is wrong with Hollywood these days!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originailty went out the window with the Writer's Strike.

Comment

I think originality bailed about 5 years ago so we can't blame the strike. Which is funny because TV has some seriously original shows nowadays.
              sigpic

Comment

March 21, 2008

OK! Exclusive: New HSM3 Cast Members Revealed!
                The hallways of East High School are about to get a little more crowded!

OK! can exclusively reveal two new stars who are joining the forthcoming High School Musical 3.

Up-and-coming actors Matt Prokop and Jemma McKenzie Brown will do their best song-and-dance alongside Zac Efron and Vanessa Hugdens, a source close to HSM3 tells OKThe Amazing Mrs. Pritchard in 2006.

Matt, 17, has Hannah Montana and The Office guest-starring credits to his name. On his official site, the young actor even teases fans by saying that he has a "HUGE announcement coming... that will blow you away!"

High School Musical 3 starts production in April and is scheduled for an Oct. 24 release.
                http://www.ok-magazine.com/posts/view/5412/
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

'Musical' sequel adds cast

Staff report
                  The Hollywood Reporter
                  March 24, 2008

It may have conducted an international casting search involving thousands in the United States, Canada and the U.K., but Disney has found some of its actors for "Wildcat" roles in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" closer to home.

Relative newcomer Matt Prokop has appeared in Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana" as well as "The Office." Justin Martin, whose credits include "Raisin in the Sun" and the upcoming Jamie Foxx movie "The Soloist," appeared as Young Simba in the Broadway version of Disney's animated classic "The Lion King." Jemma McKenzie-Brown hails from London; her previous television credits include a supporting role in the BBC production of "The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard."

"Musical" begins shooting later this month.
                  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...44354c4f0aa46c
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

People plus

Compiled by Tribune wire services
                    Article Last Updated: 03/25/2008 07:12:37 PM MDT

Next 'Musical' to hit theaters in fall

SENIORITIS: The cast of "High School Musical" is about to get its head in the game for another sequel in the hit movie franchise. Cast members, including Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale, arrived in Salt Lake City this week to start rehearsals on "High School Musical: Senior Year." The movie, which will debut in theaters - not the Disney Channel - in the late fall, will be shot entirely in Salt Lake County, mostly at the Wildcats' school, East High. Filming begins at the end of April.
                    http://www.sltrib.com//ci_8696156?IA...www.sltrib.com

Comment

The Fall, eh? That means it will only be around for 2 weeks minimum unless it is a money racker, which means it will be carried by my theatre until there are less than 10 people buying tickets for it.

I wonder if I can request the month off? I got lucky I had school during the Hannah Montanna movie.

Comment

I'd come down with a case of HSMitis for at least the first 2 weeks if I were you. That is going to be a mad house
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
                          That is going to be a mad house
                          You're talking to someone who had to clean up during the Father's Day weekend Nacho Libre and Cars were playing on four screens each (eight total) by himself. Needless to say, some theatres never got cleaned because of how insanely polluted those shows were.

I also have the recent Harry Potter movie under my experiance, which thankfully wasn't that bad. Those fans know how to behave.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post

I also have the recent Harry Potter movie under my experience, which thankfully wasn't that bad. Those fans know how to behave.
                            Yes, we do. Thank you for noticing
                            sigpic

Comment

I've seen every Disney live action musical made so far which includes:

Song of the South, So Dear to My Heart, Babes in Toyland, Summer Magic, Mary Poppins, The Happiest Millionaire, The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Pete's Dragon and Newsies (and if you want Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island).

If I want to continue that trend I guess I'll have to see this movie. Hopefully Mike and the bots can come with me.

If not I'll have to deal with all the screaming tweens by myself.
                              I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

^ a weeknight showing or mid-week matinee should solve your imagined problem.

Comment

That's what I was considering, but your right it should make it easier.
                                  I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

I'd like to add that you may also want to go on a Wednesday or Thrusday. Those have always been our dead days during the non-seasonal times.

Comment

Start of something new:
                                      'HSM3' to begin shooting in Utah

Disney
                                      The East High gang will return to the Salt Lake City school
                                      this month and film before and after classes.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The High School Musical gang is returning to Utah this month for their senior year.

Unlike its predecessors, the third installment in the series will be filmed during the school year at East High School in Salt Lake City.

Salt Lake City School District spokesman Jason Olsen says setting up will begin in a couple weeks and shooting will start toward the end of the month. He says much of the filming for High School Musical 3: Senior Year will take place before and after school to minimize disruptions.

The first two movies brought $8 million and 180 jobs to the state during filming. The third project is slated to cost $13 million.
                                      http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...-02-HSM3_N.htm

Comment

Does anyone feel like they're adding new younger characters to make HSM 4?

Comment

::sigh:: of course they probably are. V-Hud and Zac are getting harder and harder to re-sign. They have to protect the franchise after all, right?
                                          sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X