• ZeekSlider
    replied
    Re: 'HSM 3' moves ahead

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
    Dis.

Gus.

Ting.

I'm pretty much speechless.
    I've seen worse. Today was the last day of school, and all I saw in the lobby were teenage girls groping the Prince Caspian cardboard standee.

I wasn't in the area where they HSM3 cardboards are, so I couldn't tell you if those got groped or not.

Leave a comment:

• Angie_Duke
    replied

Well my Prom is today, I guess I'll have to compare the outfits people are wearing with the ones in that cardboard cut out. I'm guessing no ones going to wear that stupid hat.

Leave a comment:

• stitchon
    replied

Dis.

Gus.

Ting.

I'm pretty much speechless.

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

We got the standee for the movie the other day, but couldn't put it up on display until today. Here's what it looks like. Sorry, but it was taken on my cell phone.

For those that can't see what it is, it's basically the six main characters in their prom outfits. Ryan is in a blue suit with a yellow fedora. Sharpee is in a pink glitter dress, natrually. Troy is in a three-piece tux with a white under shirt. Gabbie is in a black-and-white open-shoulder number. Chad is in another three-piece tux with a BLUE under shirt. Taylor is in a pearl dress.

The standee is actually in three separarate parts, divided by couples. The suggested display sheet said to keep these in close proximity to each others, but to be liberal with how you place them. Chad and Taylor's standee is the only one that has the HSM3 title card attached to them.

Thought I'd share.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Behind the Scenes: 'High School Musical 3'

Chris Connelly Talks to the Talented Young Cast as They Prepare for a Prom Night Scene

May 20, 2008

The songs, the spirit and the sensation of Disney's television movie "High School Musical" (both "1" and "2") set off a full-throttle show business phenomenon and transformed the lives of its young stars, like Zac Efron.

"You wake up one day and suddenly, you're just cool. I'm not different at all than I've ever been. I don't know what changed," said the 20-year-old teen icon who plays the role of Troy Bolton, a popular basketball team captain.

What hasn't changed is the talent and camaraderie of the cast, now reunited with director Kenny Ortega to shoot "High School Musical 3: Senior Year."

Chris Connelly caught up with the cast on-set getting ready to film a prom night scene.

"We have, like, a prom scene. It's actually a play that we're putting on about a prom ... I have to say we've never dressed so nice -- it almost feels out of character. But you only get to do it once," Efron said.

"So, this is my prom dress, and it's feathery; it's pink; it's rhinestone; it's fun. It's really cool," Ashley Tisdale said as she showed her dress to Connelly. The 22-year-old actress-turned-pop star plays the role of the antagonizing Sharpey Evans.

"And my favorite part about this outfit, when I turn around, it's got Danforth #8 on the back," said Corbin Bleu, a 19-year-old actor who plays Chad Danforth, a member of the East High Wildcats, and Troy's best friend.

"High School Musical 3" will be the first film in the series to open on the big screen, and it'll show its senior-year characters facing some big moments.
    "Our kids are growing up. You know, we're now seniors moving into the future, together," Ortega said.

"You see the characters grow up a lot more so than ever before. You know, you have college, you have your relationships, and just trying to figure out which path to take is tough," said Vanessa Hudgens, who stars in the film as Gabriella Montez.

"Troy usually has a pretty big decision to make in every film. And in this movie, you see Troy struggling with these decisions ... whether to, you know, pursue basketball or pursue theater. And it's a pretty big one for him. It's pretty cool," Efron said.

"It's the first time that Troy and I actually get a chance to do a number together ... I'm not going to give it away. Surprise is always the best," Bleu said.

Cast members, from left, Ashley Tisdale, Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Monique Coleman and Corbin Bleu pose for pictures after a news conference for the new movie "High School Musical 3" on Friday, May 2, 2008, at East High School in Salt Lake City.
    (Douglas C. Pizac/AP Photo)

With 17 dance numbers in all, "High School Musical 3" has enough high-energy throwdowns to leave even these actors gasping for breath.

"I came into rehearsals a few weeks late -- bad idea. It was tough catching up with everybody. Corbin, who's just the most incredible natural dancer I've ever seen. I mean, Vanessa's tough to keep up with, man," Efron said.

"I'm still hurting. We're all kind of limping around," Hudgens said.
    The day Connelly caught the cast on set, they had just finished 12 hours of straight dancing.

"I think I grew a full shoe size. My feet are so swollen. It's pretty bad, but it's worth it," said Monique Coleman, who plays Taylor McKessie, the leader of East High's science club.

"Well, actually, the shoes are comfortable," Tisdale said. "We had ballroom shoes on and everyone was wearing heels and everybody was like, 'Argh, my feet hurt,' and I'm like, 'Mine are great!'"

Like the earlier films, this one is not being shot on a Hollywood soundstage, but at a real high school: Salt Lake City's East High School.

Even as the last day of shooting, in late June, will be a time for bittersweet farewells, the sheer joy and exhilaration of getting to do a "High School Musical" one more time shows no sign of stopping.

"We all pump ourselves up so much. Like, before the beginning of a take, you'll see us all screaming, 'Whooo! Hooo! Yeah!' Like screaming! And we just get so pumped," Hudgens said.

"But to come back to Utah and be with my friends, it's just a dream come true. I called my mom and dad on the first day and was, like, 'I feel like I'm on vacation.' ... We really are friends and it's pretty fun," Efron said.
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Summer...4888925&page=1

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

You would think they would be filming when school is out so they wouldn't have this problem.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

'High School Musical 3' causing a few notes of discord at East High

By Ben Fulton
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated: 05/12/2008 09:14:17 PM MDT
    Posted: 9:15 PM-

In "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," Troy and Gabriella, played by Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, wonder how their relationship will weather separation when they attend different colleges.

Some East High School students have different concerns since Disney began filming the last installment of the mega-hit franchise at their school May 3. Chief among them? Whether or not they'll have access to their lockers or parking.

"You have to hurry," said 16-year-old sophomore Cydnie Garcia. "Or not get there at all. Sometimes I'm really lucky to get my stuff."

Whatever "HSM" wants, "HSM" gets, Garcia said. A little more air-conditioning? Done. Extras parking in the student lot? Check. Dimmer lights? Check. "Our school just seems glum," she said of the grayer halls.
    Some students said they've even braved rabid "tween" fans prowling the halls for Efron's autograph.

"Just seeing those stars makes me want to get angry," said 17-year-old junior Harrison Montgomery, clutching his skateboard. "We get pushed back."

But for every student who complains, there are many who dig the excitement, or have no reaction at all. It may well depend on locker location. Those at the school's south end are used for shooting scenes, while those at the north end are undisturbed. With cast and crew taking Sundays and Mondays off, students have at least one day per week to catch their breath, if only to appreciate the movie's cast.

"I have no complaints whatsoever," said junior Martin Trujillo. "The girls are hot."

You won't hear complaints from the school, or Salt Lake City School District, either. As the shooting site for the first and second installments of the smash television franchise, East High School has learned to use the publicity to its advantage, selling tie-in merchandise on its Web site. That publicity is certain to rise by the time the made-for-theaters installment opens nationwide on Oct. 24.

There are fringe benefits, too. The film's production crew has graced the school with new auditorium curtains, plus fresh coats of paint in the library, hallways and even those hard-to-reach lockers. The district signed a $75,000 agreement with Disney for rental of the school that district spokesman Jason Olsen said is bound to change once filming is complete.
    http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9238510?IAD...www.sltrib.com

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Director again channels Gene Kelly as he prepares to film third 'High School Musical'

By Vince Horiuchi
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated: 05/03/2008 08:04:43 AM MDT

Stars Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens join director Kenny Ortega, center, during a news conference today announcing the start of shooting "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" at East High School. (Al Hartman/The Salt Lake Tribune)

Updated: 3:28 PM- Movie director Kenny Ortega once again will channel the spirit of his former mentor, dancing legend Gene Kelly, when he begins filming the third "High School Musical" in Salt Lake City Saturday.

"Every once in a while, I feel his presence in the room with me, and I get a smile and a little, 'Atta boy,' " Ortega said during a press conference today announcing the start of shooting at East High School.

The cast and crew of the hit Disney franchise sat in a room full of entertainment reporters from around the country to mark the beginning of shooting on the third film, "High School Musical 3: Senior Year."

"One great thing I learned from Gene Kelly was how to design choreography for the camera versus designing choreography for the stage," Ortega said. "Gene used to say there should be a raison d'etre - a reason for being. What's at the center of everything?"

Shooting for the theatrical movie, which will hit screens Oct. 24, again will involve mostly a Utah crew and the same Salt Lake City-based producer, Don Schain. The crew is expected to take about 40 days to shoot the film.

In the third and final installment for this cast, teen sweethearts Troy (Zac Ephron) and Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens) of the East High Wildcats must figure out the future of their relationship as each graduates and moves on to different colleges.

Utah dancers, as in the first two movies, will make up most of the extras in "Senior Year" and Bonnie Story, associate artistic director Salt Lake City-based Odyssey Dance Theater, again will be co-choreographer.

The first "High School Musical," which became a cable television hit when it debuted in 2006, was filmed mostly at East High as well as Murray High School. The second installment, which broke cable viewership records when it was released last year and followed the Wildcats to summer vacation, was filmed mostly at a country club in St. George.

The state provided $2 million in incentive money to the new production to ensure it would be shot here, the largest incentive ever given to a movie project in Utah.

Since the first movie, the franchise's executive producers, Barry Rosenbush and Bill Borden have shot a whole slate of films in the state, including "Animals," a horror movie, and "The American Mall," a new made-for-TV musical for MTV that debuts in August. A sequel to that film already is being planned and will again be shot in Utah.

About coming back to the state for a third time, Efron said: "I couldn't imagine filming anywhere else."

"We've done the first and second one here, and it brings back so many memories," Hudgens said. "Just being here feels like home - being back here with everyone, it's amazing."

For Disney Channel star Ashley Tisdale ("The Suite Life of Zack and Cody"), who plays the snooty Sharpay in the movies, it's a chance to escape the hectic Los Angeles life.

"It's really quiet and relaxing," she said. "Everyone's super nice here, too."

Director Ortega is even more familiar filming in Salt Lake City. In addition to the "HSM" franchise, he was the Emmy-winning director of the Opening Ceremony for the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Games and a producer on the "Hannah Montana" 3-D concert movie, which was mostly filmed at the Energy Solutions Arena.

"This is like a great secret, and I'm just glad we're here before the whole rest of the world figures it out. The community here couldn't be more talented. The dance community here is the finest in the country," he said.

"The food and the mountains - it's a beautiful place to be."
    http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9133097?IAD...www.sltrib.com

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

So the official Subtitle now is "Senior Year?" That's worlds better than some of the working subtitles they had over the course of this project.

Thanks for the update! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the poster at work, as we will probably get it soon.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

'High School Musical 3: Senior Year' teaser one-sheet

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44581
    Last edited by ALIASd; 05-04-2008, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
    'Musical' kids return for 'Senior Year'

Film to debut in theaters on Oct. 24

By Marc Graser
    Variety
    January 14, 2008

Set to return for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" are Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    Thanks for your input, as always you don't disappoint.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 05-01-2008, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

Awww, no Lucas? I guess the whole HumaHuma scene exposed the fact that Ryan's the token gay guy of the cast had something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

'High School Musical 3' starts filming Saturday

By Vince Horiuchi
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated: 04/30/2008 11:08:49 AM MDT

The command "Action!" will kick-start the new "High School Musical" sequel as cast and crew of the hit Disney Channel franchise start filming Saturday at East High School in Salt Lake City.

Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale and Corbin Bleu have reassembled with the rest of the cast and three new cast members for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," which will be filmed mostly at the school as well as other Salt Lake County locations.

This time, the film is scheduled to open in theaters on Oct. 24 instead of on television.

In the new movie, which will be co-choreographed by Salt Lake City's Bonny Story, who works for Odyssey Dance Theatre, the Wildcats of East High will be graduating. That leaves lovebirds Troy (Efron) and Gabriella (Hudgens) worrying about their relationship when each goes off to a different college.

The movie will be shot in about 40 days, nearly twice the number of filming days devoted to the first two films, and use the same Salt Lake City-based crew.

Kenny Ortega, who directed the first two films as well as the Opening Ceremony for the Salt Lake City 2002 Winter Games, takes the helm again.
    http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9103051?IAD...www.sltrib.com

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Stylist has made some famous cuts

Her work includes 'Touched by an Angel' and the 'High School Musical' movies

By Bettyanne Bruin
    Salt Lake Tribune
    Close-Up Correspondent
    Article Last Updated: 04/03/2008 11:33:42 AM MDT

When it comes to her profession, West Jordan resident, Jennifer Llewelyn has spent most of her life not splitting hairs, but arranging them, sometimes one by one, and sometimes on the heads of some very famous people.

As a hairstylist, Llewelyn's talent with styling has come out in such big bang hits as "High School Musical" one and two, and the soon-to-begin filming, "High School Musical 3." Born and raised in central California, Llewelyn recalls when her flair for hair and makeup first began.
    Her latest stint has been as key hairstylist for the recent Hannah Montana 3D movie that was released recently in theaters nationally. In this role, she was in charge of doing the hair of all band members, back-up singers and dancers. "I was there before, during and after the concert. They filmed close-up shots with everyone, including the band members and everything. It was very tiring. I don't know how everyone did it with their performances being so phenomenal and demanding for both the concert and all of the before and after filming that took place."

Llewelyn also was key hairstylist for "High School Musical" one, two and the soon-to-be-shot sequel, "High School Musical 3." She has also been the key stylist for many other made-for-television-shows on the Disney Channel, and has had a great time working with a lot of talented people.

And in all of her years spent in the film industry, Llewelyn has seen a lot. "There are people who will give up everything for the industry. But, I'm not one of them." Her husband, who is a computer programmer, has been a huge support. And the most important thing in her life is her family. Llewelyn is the mother of three girls and one boy.

She also has been involved only with the kind of films she can support. "I've made a living out of being involved in making G and PG-rated movies."
    http://www.sltrib.com//ci_8796660?IA...www.sltrib.com

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Does anyone feel like they're adding new younger characters to make HSM 4?
    Yes, their characters are graduating so this would seem like an obvious move, handing the franchise off to the next gen. This quote is from a page ago:
    Up-and-coming actors Matt Prokop and Jemma McKenzie Brown will do their best song-and-dance alongside Zac Efron and Vanessa Hugdens, a source close to HSM3 tells OK!.

Though little is known about their roles, the source adds that the British-born Jemma seemingly scored the role of a lifetime, landing the part over hundreds of other young starlets.

" and beat out 600 girls from three countries," the source says.

Leave a comment:

• Queentitania19
    replied

::sigh:: of course they probably are. V-Hud and Zac are getting harder and harder to re-sign. They have to protect the franchise after all, right?

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Does anyone feel like they're adding new younger characters to make HSM 4?

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Start of something new:
    'HSM3' to begin shooting in Utah

Disney
    The East High gang will return to the Salt Lake City school
    this month and film before and after classes.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The High School Musical gang is returning to Utah this month for their senior year.

Unlike its predecessors, the third installment in the series will be filmed during the school year at East High School in Salt Lake City.

Salt Lake City School District spokesman Jason Olsen says setting up will begin in a couple weeks and shooting will start toward the end of the month. He says much of the filming for High School Musical 3: Senior Year will take place before and after school to minimize disruptions.

The first two movies brought $8 million and 180 jobs to the state during filming. The third project is slated to cost $13 million.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...-02-HSM3_N.htm

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

I'd like to add that you may also want to go on a Wednesday or Thrusday. Those have always been our dead days during the non-seasonal times.

Leave a comment:

• Angie_Duke
    replied

That's what I was considering, but your right it should make it easier.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X