• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'American Gangster' swats Seinfeld's 'Bee', 'The Game Plan' plays on

'American Gangster' blasts box office

Universal's crime drama sets a new record

Universal's 'American Gangster'' opened to an estimated $46.3 million,
    the most ever for an R-rated crime drama.

By Pamela McClintock
    Variety
    November 5, 2007

The Game PlanWith a cume of $81.9 million, movie is by far the biggest grosser of the fall.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'American Gangster' swats Seinfeld's 'Bee', 'The Game Plan' plays on

I am so glad Bee Movie bombed. I can't stand Seinfeld. The movie is horrible and leagues away from Pixar stuff. That's a given of course. He deserves it for attacking that woman who claimed Mrs. Seinfeld lifted recipes from her cookbook. He's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
      I am so glad Bee Movie bombed. I can't stand Seinfeld. The movie is horrible and leagues away from Pixar stuff. That's a given of course. He deserves it for attacking that woman who claimed Mrs. Seinfeld lifted recipes from her cookbook. He's insane.

While a spouse's cookbook has so very much to do with an animated film's release (?!)...$39.1 million on an opening weekend isn't exacting bombing.
      That's more than some films make in their entire theatrical release.
      Is it Pixar level? Of course not. Is it supposed to be? Of course not.
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I don't go see any DreamWorks films. I don't care for them at all.

I saw both Shrek's and didn't like them. I saw Madagascar and I didn't like it. I saw SharkTale and thought it was a third-rate Finding Nemo.

Comment

Bee Movie was just ok. It certainly wasn't 39.1 million good.
          But until the next family movie comes out, it will retain a good
          portion of the box office.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

^ I think Bee Movies success has more to do with that (lack of family movies in the market right now) than anything else.

There will be PLENTY of Family movies coming out in the next 2 months, and Bee Movie will quickly fade. Which is probably why Dreamworks released it now instead of 2 or 3 weeks from now.

Comment

I've never even heard of The Game Plan. :lol:

Comment

'Bee Movie' finds box office honey

DreamWorks' feature stings competition

By Pamela McClintock
                Variety
                November 11, 2007

DreamWorks Animation's "Bee Movie" showed surprising sting in its second weekend, buzzing its way to the top of the domestic box and beating out holdover "American Gangster" and new entries "Fred Claus" and Tom Cruise-Meryl Streep-Robert Redford starrer "Lions for Lambs."

"Bee," voiced by Jerry Seinfeld, declined just 32% to an estimated $26 million from 3,944 playdates for a cume of $72.2 million, according to Rentrak.

That's quite a honied victory, considering "Bee" opened at No. 2 the previous weekend behind the bow of Universal's "Gangster" It's not often that a movie moves up to the top of the chart in its second weekend.

In its second frame, "Gangster" came in No. 2, declining 44% to an estimated $24.3 million from 3,059 runs for a tasty cume of $80.7 million.
                http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                  I've never even heard of The Game Plan. :lol:
                  http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ews-78146.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X