X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunCal stops legal payments in Disney suit - OC Register, 11/5/07

http://www.ocregister.com/news/sunca...ct-residential

Developer SunCal will no longer pay the legal fees tied to a Disney lawsuit against its proposed housing project -- another sign that the developer's plans may be falling apart.

Last week, SunCal sent a letter to the city, stating it was stopping payments to defend the city against the lawsuit, which Disney filed to protest the city's documents tied to SunCal's planned homes.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: SunCal stops legal payments in Disney suit - OC Register, 11/5/07

So now SunCal is backing out of its agreement to pay the legal fees for the lawsuit they are responsible for? Wow. That's unfortunate.

Who is going to pick up the tab now, Lorri Galloway? :lol:

As SunCal blunders their way through a very messy Anaheim Exit Strategy that is only making them look even slimier, I wonder how silly Ms. Galloway must feel?

Meanwhile, Disneyland continues to sit there bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars per year in sales to Anaheim businesses. Tell me again why Anaheim residents should have aligned themselves with SunCal?

Comment

HA! You go DISNEY!!!

Comment

I'm surprised at how quickly this deal is collapsing in on SunCal. Or, more accurately, how quickly SunCal is allowing this deal to collapse.

I thought for sure this inevitable end wouldn't come until the spring of '08, a few months before the election in June. But now it looks like we could see the official demise of SunCal's Resort District housing proposal by Christmas.

As I understand it, the ballot initiatives designed to fight SunCal and anyone else who tries to shoehorn housing into the Resort District zoning area could stay on the ballot. And I think they should, not only to codify the protections the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce and Disney is seeking for the Resort District, but also to remind voters of the folly that was brought upon their city by the likes of City Councilwoman Ms. Lorri Galloway. The voters of Anaheim need to remember who this woman is, the types of organizations and out-of-town developers she aligns herself with, and what she attempted to do with their city resources.

But I'm surprised at how quickly SunCal is letting this unravel. Perhaps like many other big developers, they are running short on spendable cash and resources and simply don't have the money to fight this anymore.

Comment

I am surprised how fast they reacted after Disney did its big media release on DCA. Shows you how much of a coward the developers really are.

Comment

Here is a link to the actual letter SunCal sent the City Council...

http://www.ocblog.net/ocblog/files/SunCalLetter.pdf
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Like others, this is all imploding in on SunCal a lot faster than I thought it would.

But what I'm most surprised at is how confrontational SunCal has become with people and organizations that just a short time ago were its allies. The Frank family, Anaheim's city council, some of the good people of Anaheim themselves, etc. All of those former SunCal friends are now on SunCal's enemies list, only slightly below the Walt Disney Company, the hardworking Cast Members of the Disneyland Resort, and the entire Anaheim Chamber of Commerce.

SunCal is packing up their station wagon and getting ready to leave Anaheim for the home office in Irvine, that is now clearly obvious to all of us. But what is surprising is how SunCal is blowing raspberries at the people and organizations in Anaheim that until just a few weeks ago it claimed were friends and allies

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X