X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential plan near Disney in trouble - OC Register, 11/5/07

http://www.ocregister.com/news/counc...6552-kring-set

Based on what I know, the "closed" session will deal with the lawsuit that was filed by Disney and is basically placed on hold until after the June 2008 election, as the decision of the voters has a major impact on the lawsuit.

But there is a lot of issues to removing the issue(s) from the ballot, the city council approved both of them, and the Initative (the issue that deals with the entire Resort Area has to be placed on the ballot) so there isn't much "savings" in the election costs, unless the city decides to make it law.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Residential plan near Disney in trouble - OC Register, 11/5/07

Thanks for keeping us well informed, Darkbeer.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

This is a SHOCKER to me.. Ms. Kring saying to stop the issue and drop the affordable housing.....

Can she see that she is in serious trouble for reelection, which will be in 2008 for her seat.....
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Very interesting indeed, the "foundation" is crumbling.
        "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

This is a shocker Darkbeer! Thanks for getting it on the boards so quickly.

I'm glad to see Ms. Kring come to her senses. She was always sort of the swing vote, and would waver before finally coming down on the side of SunCal as this went along over the last year.

It's the other woman councilmember, Ms. Lorri Galloway, that is the real hardcore SunCal fan. I wonder if she'll go down fighting and continue to vote against the SOAR backed plans and stick with the SunCal position, even though SunCal has just left Ms. Galloway high and dry and has left town.

Ms. Kring was far more moderate than Ms. Galloway, but was convinced to join the SunCal side of the argument early on. Now that Ms. Kring has switched sides and abandoned the SunCal camp, it will be very interesting to see how Ms. Galloway plays this.

Ms. Galloway with her YouTube videos and Daily Show interviews and very clear public statements in defense of SunCal has just been left looking like a fool now that SunCal is retreating back to Irvine.

Quite a shocker, that's for sure. Although this has been building for a few weeks. I'm just stunned at how quickly it all turned on SunCal and how their Anaheim Exit Strategy even backfired on them.

Comment

What a waste of time and money for everyone involved

Comment

Appreciate the update!
              "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Thanks for the news Mr. D.

Comment

Hey Darkbeer!

I find it kinda interesting that on the OCBLOG your friend jubal does not have anything to say about these turn of events, you suppose he was told to keep his trap shut??)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X