Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone like horror movies?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone like horror movies?

    Im a big horror/zombie movie fan. I was wondering if there is any other horror fans out there. What are some of your favorite horror movies?

  • #2
    Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

    No. Hate them. Sorry.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

      I love horror movies! The cheesier, the better! I was raised on the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th series, not to mention Halloween, Hellraiser, Alien, etc. As a child of the 80's, it's almost a given that I would have fallen in love with them.

      I especially like zombie movies, more now with the newer, "faster" zombies. And plot? If there's enough gore and creative methods of death, who needs a plot?
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

        I hate them. I have nightmares for weeks. I can't even do scary movies.

        I'm such a wuss.
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

          LOVE em!!


          Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
          Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

          "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

          Charles M. Schulz
          Originally Posted by MWalton
          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

            Ugh. Hate them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

              I used to love horror films and then one day, I stopped liking them. I do like a good thriller, but blood and gore isn't my bag anymore.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                Zombie fan. Just Zombie films, they are comical in a lot of ways.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                  i like horror movies, epically the four horror icons, (freddy, jason, michael and leatherface)

                  i like zombie movies, but not as much as i like a good vampire flick espically blade or underworld
                  sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                    Im more of a zombie fan than a horror fan to, Love all the George Romero zombie movies, I cant wait for Diary of the Dead, Its suppose to be out Feb 15, 2008. Heres my top horror movie list

                    Dawn of the Dead 1978
                    Shuan of the Dead
                    Night of the Living Dead 1990
                    Dawn of the Dead 2004
                    Night of the Living Dead 1968
                    Day of the Dead
                    Land of the Dead
                    28 Days Later
                    Fido
                    28 weeks later

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                      Originally posted by Pirates Life For M View Post
                      Fido
                      Fido is great. It was filmed right here in Kelowna with some scenes being filmed in Vernon and Armstrong which are towns within an hours drive from Kelowna. The scene with the burnt trees was done somewhere on the outskirts of Kelowna where we had the big forest fire in 2003. The cemetery scenes were filmed at Kelowna cemetery. I'm pretty sure the park scenes were done in Polson Park in Vernon.

                      I remember them doing a casting call for extras and I was wanting to go, but I had to go out on my summer job.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                        Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                        Fido is great. It was filmed right here in Kelowna with some scenes being filmed in Vernon and Armstrong which are towns within an hours drive from Kelowna. The scene with the burnt trees was done somewhere on the outskirts of Kelowna where we had the big forest fire in 2003. The cemetery scenes were filmed at Kelowna cemetery. I'm pretty sure the park scenes were done in Polson Park in Vernon.

                        I remember them doing a casting call for extras and I was wanting to go, but I had to go out on my summer job.
                        I would love to play a zombie in a movie. Fido was great 9/10. sort of like Leave it to Beaver meets Bub from Day of the Dead. I been on a few zombie walks before. This is a good site if you like zombies

                        http://allthingszombie.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                          I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good horror film. Zombies, in particular scare the crud out of me but I love to get all freaked out by watching them. 28 weeks later and the remake of Dawn of the Dead are my top favorite scary zombie pics right now. However, Shaun was one of the best movies of it's year. Funny you all mention Fido. I just today put that in my queue on Netflix. Sorry Dusty honey.

                          Has anyone seen Susperia? Our little horror movie night group got to see half of it (due to dvd problems) but we LOVED what we saw.

                          Also on our viewing list is Last house on the left, The Host, The Descent, The Devil's Backbone, the terrible film called Bloodsucking Freaks, and Alice Sweet Alice starring a very young Brook Shields.
                          "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                          Homer Jay Simpson


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                            Zombie moves are my favorites. (and I love horror video games as well.... Silent Hill, Resident Evil, stuff like that).

                            And yah fishie, Suspiria is AWESOME (if you can get past the fact that the plotline is WAY less important than the mood, visuals and music).

                            The horror movies I think are dumb are the current crop of "torture porn" -- Saw, Hostel, Captivity, etc. dumb dumb dumb. They just aren't fun to met at all.
                            I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                            sigpic



                            Founding Member of the BA!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                              I didnt like those type of movies either, like Saw, Hostel, ect... I liked the original movies like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th. As long as they dont go past part 3. I didnt think Rob Zombie's new Halloween movie was to good

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                                Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post
                                I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good horror film. Zombies, in particular scare the crud out of me but I love to get all freaked out by watching them. 28 weeks later and the remake of Dawn of the Dead are my top favorite scary zombie pics right now. However, Shaun was one of the best movies of it's year. Funny you all mention Fido. I just today put that in my queue on Netflix. Sorry Dusty honey.

                                Has anyone seen Susperia? Our little horror movie night group got to see half of it (due to dvd problems) but we LOVED what we saw.

                                Also on our viewing list is Last house on the left, The Host, The Descent, The Devil's Backbone, the terrible film called Bloodsucking Freaks, and Alice Sweet Alice starring a very young Brook Shields.
                                funny you should ask!! I was going to mention that! long story. My parents split up when I was 8 and at that time I had a 17 year old brother. my mother uswd to go out every now and then and leave my brother in charge of us. so you know what he'd do???? get all his friends together and pile all of them plus us sisters (I was 13 and my sister 15 at that time) in the car and go to the drive-in. when we were close, he'd pull over and make us get in the trunk.
                                One night we saw halloween and susperia.... and susperia was soooooo scary!!! I loved it, and have always remembered seeing it
                                seems like there's a band out now called susperia LOL LOL



                                Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                                Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

                                "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

                                Charles M. Schulz
                                Originally Posted by MWalton
                                :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                                  Yeah, Rob Zombie's Halloween was pretty awful. Michael Myers was supposed to be "The Shape" Just evil embodied and not some poor abused kid. Then there was the dialogue. OMG it was bad. Made George Lucas sound like Shakespeare.
                                  "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                                  Homer Jay Simpson


                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                                    I'm not able to watch alot of horror, just too scary for me. But one my husband had me watch was the original Black Christmas with Olivia Hussey and Margot Kidder. Good stuff, and it's neat to see a movie that was a progenitor to the popular horror movie genre.

                                    Also on a side note, I love Shaun of The Dead.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                                      28 days and weeks later
                                      dawn of the dead, both
                                      saw's
                                      alien's
                                      freddy vs jason
                                      alien vs predator- BEST (cept not really horror)
                                      http://www.myspace.com/SexyFirecrotch27
                                      http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=flameboy2727

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Does anyone like horror movies?

                                        Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                                        I love horror movies! The cheesier, the better! I was raised on the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th series, not to mention Halloween, Hellraiser, Alien, etc. As a child of the 80's, it's almost a given that I would have fallen in love with them.

                                        I especially like zombie movies, more now with the newer, "faster" zombies. And plot? If there's enough gore and creative methods of death, who needs a plot?

                                        Same here. Horror movies are my absolute favorite genre of movies. The more cheeseball, the better.
                                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X