Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when does at world's end come out on DVD??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when does at world's end come out on DVD??

here it's out november 21, which is NEXT week!!!! I can't WAIT! I haven't seen it yet. i want to sit down and watch dead man's chest and at world's end together! YAY!!:yea::yea:

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: when does at world's end come out on DVD??

Shows 12/4 here in the States. I really think it would have been smarter if they released it the week of Thanksgiving. They'd sell tons on Black Friday.
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

That'd be just sales not SALES!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End—Two-Disc Special Edition

By Ed Hulse
      Video Business,
      11/12/2007

DISNEY
      Street: Dec. 4
      Prebook: now

> Perfectly timed for Christmas, this extras-loaded Pirates holds plenty of treasure for consumers.

The third Pirates film downplays Johnny Depp (Captain Jack) and Orlando Bloom (Will) to build up Keira Knightley (Elizabeth) and the returning Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa), but the real stars are the special-effects techies, whose work the entire film seems to have been structured around. Easily a half-hour too long, At World’s End reworks themes and gimmicks from the previous two entries but sacrifices some of their exuberance. But buyers won’t feel cheated: the bonus disc bulges with entertaining featurettes that explore various aspects of the production and spotlight individual talents such as Depp, Keith Richards, Chow Yun Fat and composer Hans Zimmer. The Blu-ray edition adds a feature-length commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, who also hosts an hour-long, interactive exploration of the elaborate, climactic “Maelstrom” battle sequence.
      Shelf Talk:
      With a global box-office take approaching $1 billion, 2007’s top-grossing film doesn’t need much promotional support above and beyond what Disney is giving it; consumer awareness is already high and the timing of the DVD and Blu-ray releases is perfect for the holiday-buying season. A single-disc version is available for $29.99, but we’re thinking that fans of this effects-heavy adventure will skew toward the supplements-laden platform, which would make a more impressive gift.
      Action/adventure, color, PG-13 (mild language, intense action scenes, scary creatures), 168 min.,
      DVD $29.99,
      two-disc $34.99,
      BD $35.99
      Extras: nine featurettes, bloopers
      Director: Gore Verbinski
      First Run: W, May 2007, $309 mil.

Title: Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End (Widescreen Edition)
      Release Date: 12/04/2007
      Label/Distributor: Disney
      Rating: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
      Retail Price: $29.99
      Genre: Action & Adventure Cast: Keira Knightley
      Running Time: 167
      DVD Video Options: Color, DVD-Video, Widescreen
      DVD Audio Options: English, Original Language
      UPC Code: 786936292992
      Just when he's needed most, Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), that witty and wily charmer of a pirate, is trapped on a sea of sand in Davy Jones' Locker. In an increasingly shaky alliance, Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) and Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) begin a desperate quest to find and rescue him. Captain Jack's the last of the nine Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court who must come together united in one last stand to preserve the freedom-loving pirates' way of life. From exotic Singapore, to World's End and beyond, from Shipwreck Island, to a titanic battle, this adventure's filled with over-the-edge action, irreverent humor and seafaring myth and magic. Everything has led to this twisting, turning, wild swashbuckling ride in this final chapter of the Pirates Of The Caribbean trilogy

http://www.videobusiness.com/Release...+at+worlds+end
      Last edited by ALIASd; 11-14-2007, 09:05 AM.
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

that's weird!! I remember when it first showed at the cinemas I could see it a week before you guys
        and yet i have to wait until jan 18 for ratatouille!!!

Anyone want to do a swap?? I'll send you at world's End and you send me Ratatouille!! LOL LOL Just have to make sure your DVD takes region 4 (I have sent DVDs to the US and they have been able to watch it!)

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
        :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I did a preorder on Disney online and I get an premium AP discount. I also get a Matte finished picture with a coin of the Empress.

Delivery date is Dec.3 for here in the US.

I can send you Ratatouille Kathy if you'd like. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
            I did a preorder on Disney online and I get an premium AP discount. I also get a Matte finished picture with a coin of the Empress.

Delivery date is Dec.3 for here in the US.

I can send you Ratatouille Kathy if you'd like. Let me know.
            I did the same thing Ginarella (The frame set is awesome! )

But I thought we weren't to get it until like 2 weeks after the release date.

Comment

I also get a Matte finished picture with a coin of the Empress.
              what do you mean?

you got a coin with the empress on? if so it thats awesome
              sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

I can hardly wait!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
                  I did the same thing Ginarella (The frame set is awesome! )

But I thought we weren't to get it until like 2 weeks after the release date.
                  On my confirmation they told me they would release the DVD on Dec. 3 for shipment.

Originally posted by thrax View Post
                  what do you mean?

you got a coin with the empress on? if so it thats awesome
                  If you are an Annual Passholder, you can go to the Disney parks and resorts online in the events, release section and preorder your DVD.

Here's what the picture looks like

Comment

It should be available to everyone domestically on December 4th.
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I believe for normal nonpassholders, you have to go to a World of Disney store in order to get the frame set. You can't order it online.

Comment

I feel ashamed that I didn't see this in theatres. I'll defiently be buy the two-disc! YAY!!!
                        sigpic
                        Home away from Home.

Comment

I loved the part how the ship is going off the ledge into the abyss and you can hear the parts of the ride soundtrack. I thought that part was great!

Now the question is, what stores will have bonuses? I'm guessing Future Shop here in Canada will have a Steelbook cover, Wal-mart will probably have extra movie rewards points. Not sure what Best Buy will have.

Comment

I was at Disneyana in DLR on Monday and I picked up a postcard of their upcoming events. One of the items was for the "Dec. 4th POTC: AWE DVD Release & Special Offer."

I Google'd it to try and find out what the "special offer" was. And as previously posted and shown you will receive a "limited edition matted art piece featuring an image of the Empress Ship, a collectible bronze-toned medallion, and an authentic piece of the ship's sailcloth."

For more information and how to pre-purchase for AP's please visit: http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x986116ed7
                            Sparrow, Johnson, Skellington, Black, White, ... Daniels. I just love Jack's! :blush:

P.S. You can always visit me on MySpace at: http://myspace.com/miisvegas.

Comment

this is what I can get

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/793824

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X