X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From ashes to ashes, at Disneyland - LA Times, 11/14/07

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...-home-business

On Friday, workers at the Anaheim theme park spotted a guest on the ride sprinkling an unidentified substance into the water, prompting them to close the attraction and alert police.

"A witness described the substance as a baby powder that quickly dissipated," Disneyland resort spokesman Rob Doughty said. "We reopened the attraction after determining that there was no hazard to our guests."

Anaheim police decided not to take a report because they lacked a good description of the female suspect and the evidence was dumped into the water, Sgt. Rick Martinez said.

But within hours of Friday's incident, online columnists and bloggers who track news at the park said they began receiving e-mails from Disney employees claiming the episode was a case of the surreptitious scattering of human ashes.

Al Lutz, who runs miceage.com and first posted reports of the incident Tuesday, said several e-mails indicated that this was a recurring problem at the park.

Disney officials said they were unaware of any confirmed ash-scattering incidents in the park, and they didn't believe it to be a problem. From time to time, guests do ask permission to disperse ashes on park premises. The answer, Doughty said, is always no.

Much more at the link...
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 11-15-2007, 06:16 AM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: From ashes to ashes, at Disneyland - LA Times, 11/14/07

Expect an uptick of this practice now. Great!

Another sign of the times.
    --
    http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

So the reporters are now looking to Al Lutz to actually do their writing. lol

Comment

Not just that, Bill Handel reported this same story this morning at 5:15 am on KFI. He also mentioned a "Disney blog site..."

Comment

Seems Al is now a source of news.
          In short, mainstream media are lazy.

Comment

It is not surprising to me that people are trying and sometimes succeeding with this. We all are Disney fans who understand why people would be so devoted to the park. I think it is interesting that the news media picked this up. I bet that the national news outlets will be next. After all, they love the strange and unusual stories.
            Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

To say that reporters are lazy is to trivialize Al Lutz's very unique position. Reporters would have a difficult time obtaining the information that Lutz does about Disneyland, because Lutz knows his way around. Reporters would generally get nothing esp. because the policy of Disneyland cast members is to say nothing to the media. Lutz has built his craft over many years. They are not lazy. They are just smart enough to know who to turn to for the good stuff.

Comment

Writers aren't lazy. They just don't know that something like this exists and it takes an extra special someone (Al) to get it out there. Miceage though is only read by the Disney die-hards so if the journalists can take the news, confirm it with their sources, and pass it along, the better it is for the world.

News is just that. News. You spread it. you learn something, and you let someone else know. And it's also good for them to reference miceage too. If they didn't, now that would be insulting.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Paranormal here we come.

Comment

al lutz just got a whole lot more power. the man is practically a god. i rode small world holiday on sunday and there was a 20 something man on there talking about the fat people problem. i wanted to ask him if he actually read miceage or if he was just hearing it super third hand from all the newspapers who published it.
                    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                      al lutz just got a whole lot more power. the man is practically a god. i rode small world holiday on sunday and there was a 20 something man on there talking about the fat people problem. i wanted to ask him if he actually read miceage or if he was just hearing it super third hand from all the newspapers who published it.
                      Funny, I heard a father say the same thing on Sunday.
                      -Jack :geek:
                      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

This late word just in...

Originally posted by Keith Olbermann, Countdown, MSNBC, 8:28 PM US EST, 11/15/07
                        "Now, Disney [cast members] are looking for her and are planning to charge her...an E-ternity ticket!"

Comment

After reading this and other articles which fall in the same vein as Al's, I must say that it is definitely easier to be a reporter when all you need to do is quote a guy that has done your research.

Frankly, I think the news stories parallel Al too much. They should just ask Al if he would write for them and pay Al for it.

By the way, I am constantly in awe at how much info you gather Al. You do a great job.

Comment

I see new sponsors for MiceAge coming soon...
                            does anyone know what Al's day job is? :P

Comment

Have you seen this article, Al Lutz is interviewed and answers some of the comments recently made in this thread...

http://www.ojr.org/ojr/stories/071022niles/
                              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X