X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jungle Cruise Movie Update

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
    Coppola used Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness' as inspiration for 'Apocalypse Now' and got an R rating. Looks like Bruckheimer now has the rights and will meld it into a PG.
    Or maybe PG-13, the MPAA is so strict now days, it is hard to get anything that isn't animated PG.

I don't like the idea of it centering around a family. Because of that, it will have a sentimental backstory about how the family is having trouble at the beginning, but at the end they are a lot happier as a family. I don't want any of that sentimental crap with a Jungle Cruise movie, they tried the "let's have a family ride the ride" crap with the Haunted Mansion movie and it failed miserably. I want the Jungle Cruise movie to be in the vein of the Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
      Or maybe PG-13, the MPAA is so strict now days, it is hard to get anything that isn't animated PG.
      I was using that as an example to get the broadest audience possible in the theatres, just as they are currently doing with 'National Treasure: Book of Secrets' with its PG rating.
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I was using that as an example to get the broadest audience possible in the theatres, just as they are currently doing with 'National Treasure: Book of Secrets' with its PG rating.
        Well, POTC got a PG-13 and that series was much more successful than the National Treasure series. Most parents aren't going to look at the rating on a movie heavily marketed towards kids anyway. Because of that, studios make kid marketed movies PG-13 to draw in more of the teenage crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by bangarang View Post
          New update: the jc movie is going to be heart of darkness. It has been rumored that the movie was going to be a family friendly version of Joseph Conrads 1902 novella and now with the name change, it is looking so. That is hard to make into a family friendly story but it would make a good movie. the only problem being that we have no heart of darkness ride in any park. we have the jungle cruise. if there is going to be a jungle cruise movie, it should be jungle cruise not Heart Of Darkness. Heres a link:

http://disneyenquirer.com/NewsArticle-719
          Your link says the movie will be subtitled "Heart of Darkness", so I think Jungle Cruise: Heart of Darkness, if this will indeed be the true title, will be okay. There was no Black Pearl or curse of Isla de Muerta in the pirates ride and look how that movie series turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
            I want the Jungle Cruise movie to be in the vein of the Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
            the original concept for the skipper was supposed to be a cross between indiana jones and Jack sparrow, wich i thought is perfect so they could cast me. but then they came out with the fact that pirates has already done the action adventure thing and now its time for a family comedy. what they fail to remember is the other 2 park movies- Haunted mansion (as mentioned) and Country Bears were both family comedies and they both sucked major. i think the jungle needs to be adventurous because when you think of the jungle as a locale, it is dark and mysterious and full of adventure. hell even the jungle book had adventure and mystery.

also, heart of darkness cannot be a family movie. it is racist, symbolist, and a piece for the time. that would need to be changed for a disney movie. and if you take away those things, heart of darkness as a story is not great.
            I'm a Jungle Skip and I'm okay.
            I sleep all night and I work all day.

Comment

the original concept for the skipper was supposed to be a cross between indiana jones and Jack sparrow, wich i thought is perfect so they could cast me. but then they came out with the fact that pirates has already done the action adventure thing and now its time for a family comedy. what they fail to remember is the other 2 park movies- Haunted mansion (as mentioned) and Country Bears were both family comedies and they both sucked major. i think the jungle needs to be adventurous because when you think of the jungle as a locale, it is dark and mysterious and full of adventure. hell even the jungle book had adventure and mystery.
              No one in Burbank has forgotten either of the two films that didn't work.
              The trick is to siphon off enough elements of what did work from the 'POTC' trilogy and 'National Treasure' films without seeming to do so and aim for a new vehicle that can breathe on its own.

They're probably aiming for an adventure in the 'Swiss Family Robinson'-type vein, especially since it seems that remake has stalled.

And I still nominate Ryan Reynolds for the Skipper role, he can certainly play comedy and is a perfect ready-for-action figure.
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I don't know...I'm having a hard time picturing Ryan Reynolds in the role...I'm thinking more of Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect, Chuck). Or even Patrick Warburton...two very different actors, I know, but Ryan Reynolds just seems like a kind of goofy guy that doesn't exude the bravado that I'd expect from a JC Skipper. That's gonna be a hard role to cast...
                All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
                And kindergarten.
                :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by hebessica View Post
                  That's gonna be a hard role to cast...
                  im right here- bona fide skipper and i can do better than any of them.
                  I'm a Jungle Skip and I'm okay.
                  I sleep all night and I work all day.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                    Tim Allen is in one of my favorite movies of all time. Galaxy Quest. .
                    I second that. One of the funniest movies ever.
                    sigpic
                    Did I just say that?

Comment

i heard a whispering that tim allen is first in line to be the skipper. they want to make it a family comedy now because pirates has exhausted the action-adventure movie for disney, same reason the swiss family robinson remake was put on hold. not sure if thats true, just heard it. anyone else heard anything?
                      If Disney gets Tim Allen to be the skipper, they'll guarantee the film's failure.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Since the rides are next to each other, the producers should throw in a cameo by the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                          I just hope the family involved is not the Evers family.

Yes because at Evers and Evers we bore you with or movies for Evers and Evers.
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

I can totally picture Tim Allen as a Bogart-esque African Queen-type captain. It would totally work for me.

Comment

I just don't want this to happen... I know, I know, nothing I can do but not watch. I hate that there are so few new ideas in Hollywood that Disney is reduced to making movies out of rides and I REALLY hate that this probably means they're going to change the ride and add stuff from the movie to it. If the movie is at all popular they will.... ugh. It's enough to make me weep.

I also think it's sacilage to re-do Swiss Family Robinsons. My personal point of view is, don't re-make or do a sequel to something unless you can do it better than the original. Based on recent Disney movies, I don't think they can.
                              sigpic
                              I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Christopher Walken for Skipper! :thumbup: It could go something like this:
                                "Listen fellas... we don't need to get on this boat... and go searching for medicine. For that fever...I can prescribe more cowbell!"

Comment

Listen fellas... we don't need to get on this boat... and go searching for medicine. For that fever...I can prescribe more cowbell!"
                                  ow god that was great
                                  sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

And I still nominate Ryan Reynolds for the Skipper role, he can certainly play comedy and is a perfect ready-for-action figure.

CRUISE CONTROL

Sandra Bullock enjoys the breeze as her costar Ryan Reynolds
                                    steers them around Boston Harbor Tuesday during a scene for
                                    their new romantic comedy The Proposal.
                                    http://www.people.com/people/gallery...1522_4,00.html

Touchstone Pictures' 'The Proposal' - Sandra Bullock/Ryan Reynolds - 1/15/08
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...sandra+bullock

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                                      Christopher Walken for Skipper! :thumbup: It could go something like this:
                                      "Listen fellas... we don't need to get on this boat... and go searching for medicine. For that fever...I can prescribe more cowbell!"
                                      Hahahaha.

I love the idea for this movie it is done well. I want some goooood comedy. Let's have the people who brought us 40 Year Old Virgin and Superbad do it! Their first family comedy.

I nominate Adam Brody for Skipper. He's very, very funny and witty (or at least he plays those rolls VERY well) and although I don't think he's been in any action movies, I heard he was up for playing The Flash in the new Justice League movie.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Originally posted by ashley solo View Post
                                        I nominate Adam Brody for Skipper. He's very, very funny and witty (or at least he plays those rolls VERY well) and although I don't think he's been in any action movies,
                                        Sure he was - he got smacked upside the head with a telephone by Angelina Jolie in 'Mr.and Mrs. Smith' and was tied to a chair a couple of times.

He's a good actor but would probably make a terrific emo-'Gilligan' sidekick.

Comment

He's a good actor but would probably make a terrific emo-'Gilligan' sidekick.
                                          Sure! I'll take that. A "Skip in training" perhaps?

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X