This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to OZ

Return to OZ I have the sound track and I love the movie as a kid. What do you think?do you even remember the film?? I love it because the movie takes it's fantastical story and makes it natural, as if it could really Exists and the sets were lovely and alluring.

Re: Return to OZ

The soundtrack was yumderful. The ragtime march definitely the best...

There are few fans, but I'm one of them.
    -Tim

Comment

I don't remember the movie too well since it's been FOREVER since I saw it but I remember being really freaked out by the Wheelers and the witch with all the heads!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I loved this movie as a kid! I haven't seen in forever so I don't remember the soundtrack. But I still remember most of the movie. And the witch with all the heads freaked me out too. When they all opened their eyes as one. Creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
          I don't remember the movie too well since it's been FOREVER since I saw it but I remember being really freaked out by the Wheelers and the witch with all the heads!
          Ditto. After being a little kid and expecting dancing midgets and emerald cities of the first Wizard of Oz- Return to Oz was almost a nightmare! I hid when the Queen was running around without her head, creepy indeed.
          "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

I just saw it recently and i', like what's the big deal. but the images are a bit extreme for youngsters.

Comment

I remember it. Is it on DVD? I was actually thinking about this movie not too long ago. Would like to see it again.

Comment

yeah the special edition dvd came out a few years ago.

Comment

Return to Oz.... own it, love it! I particularly like the fact that girl that played a slightly creepy dorothy went on to star as a really creepy witch in "the Craft". Balk is creeptacular! Perhaps the fact that I liked this movie was an early indication of me liking Wicked , since i never liked the original Wizard of Oz stories.
                  sigpic
                  I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WM0RFE3QGAU&feature=related
                    I love the whellers!

Comment

I haven't seen that movie in years! It did freak me out as a kid, though. I'll be adding it to my Blockbuster queue!
                      <o>

Comment

Originally posted by pixie chick View Post
                        I haven't seen that movie in years! It did freak me out as a kid, though.
                        Same here! the wheelers freaked me the hell out! and the flying couch! :lol:
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

"Return to Oz" and "Willow" were the two movies that gave me nightmares for a long, long time...

I don't remember much about the soundtrack, but can anyone tell me who wrote it?

Comment

David Shire wrote the AMAZING and Touching score!
                            his body of work includes Broadway and off- Broadway music in addition to TV /Film scores. His most noted work is the score for Coppola's "The conversation". He composed original music for "Saturday Night fever", and also worked on several disco adaptations including "Night on Disco Mountain."
                            Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 12-03-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

My gosh! I collect soundtracks and I've never heard of him. I'll have to check it out! Schpanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X