This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Mist - A MiceChat review

I have not seen the movie (I did read the full synopsis) but have have seen other King works (plus several other similar movies) and I just have to know: Does the religious person always have to be crazy???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
      But TGEL, no boobs?
      Hey, I can see boobs whenever I want. Honestly I can.

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
      I have not seen the movie (I did read the full synopsis) but have have seen other King works (plus several other similar movies) and I just have to know: Does the religious person always have to be crazy???!!!
      LOL

Unless it's Grandma Moses or Callahan....
      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        But TGEL, no boobs?
        Well, I guess I am not seeing this one, hehe.

Just kidding.

It sounds fabulous, I should go see it. Right?

Comment

We saw it yesterday and absolutely loved it. Like others have said, it's very rare to see a film reach out and dare to challenge your thoughts.

I can't wait to see it with someone who hasn't seen it - I love watching this type of psychological horror a second time through someone else's eyes!

Spoiler
          The only thing I questioned (but it doesn't make me negate the ending) was the time frame from when the car ran out of gas to making the decision to shoot everyone. I've thought about similar type scenarios before, but I'd like to think I would try and wait out through a day of dehydration and starvation first before making such a decision. But - I've never considered what it would be like to experience 3-4 days of outright, constant terror then run out of gas. Who knows?

That's the power of the ending - it makes us think.
          "But every night, when it gets dark
          and the stars come out,
          I'll look up on her behalf.
          I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X