This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro Gearloose Vs Ludwig Von Drake

Out of curiousity i was wondering who do you consider the bigger genius Ludwig Von Drake (disneyland on abc, wonderful world of disney + various shorts) or Gyro Gearloose (Duck Tales).
    Personally i think that Ludwig Von Drake is the bigger genius since his creations are less prone to malfunction.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Re: Gyro Gearloose Vs Ludwig Von Drake

Gyro Gearloose is an inventor. Ludwig Von Drake is more of a scientist. And a bit of a loony.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

According to wikipedia.org, Ludwig Von Drake comes from Vienna, Austria. Very nice, I didn't know that. Is he a very popular character, because I have seen him on TV only once or twice. Sometimes he appeared in some Disney Comics.

Comment

Ludwig von Drake was on ABC's Wonderful World of Disney when I was a kid, so he's more of a sentimental favorite. Add to that his kooky personality and wonderful accent and I was an immediate fan. Coheteboy is right in that Ludwig was used to explain things from a comical scientific perspective. Gyro just invented things that never seemed to work as planned.

Also, Gyro didn't appear with too much regularity on Duck Tales, and when he did, I wasn't too impressed with him. Not nearly as much fun as I remember LvD to be.
        "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

I'd consider Ludwig to be more of a teacher kind of genius and Gyro to be more of an inventor kind of genius. Both had a lot of brains. Granted, Gyro's ideas might not always work, but he always had ideas and ways to try to build things when Scrooge needed them. Ludwig was very much a knowledge brain and knew the answers to questions and how to teach others.

Wow...I sound like such a nerd! Maybe I should put my Ducktales DVD's away....)
          With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X