This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/29 The Enchanted Experience at the El Capitan at Trip Report

So last weekend I headed out to San diego to visit w/ Horse_bunny and Disneyphenom for some much needed post holiday fun.
    On Saturday we headed out to Hollywood (by passing Disneyland twice which was ridiculously hard!) to the El Capitan to experience the Enchanted Experience (natch!)

But on to the Trip Report:

The El Cap

We hurried into the safety of the soda fountain realizing how lame we were having to seek refugee in a place of Disney :-P

We quickly found out we had to head over to the side alleyway to wait to get into the theater. Luckily we were there early so we were about the 20th people in line.
    I was doing something I thought looked Giselle-ish I guess, disneyphenom was being himself

Horse_bunny & I excited about the movie!

They really do love each other! I swear ^_~

Looking sad because it was the last time I got to use my Kodak (that survived 3 months in the snow) because I just bought a fantastic expensive new camera for myself for X-mas (*hopefully will get to use it in D-land soon*)

We sat in the balcony toward the middle which was pretty good

Waiting for the movie and dorking around w/ cameras

My pepsi cost me like 4 dollars! I was angry at it but thirsty

The organ

Princesses!!!

Lots of props and pictures from the movie

And I entered to win this one :P

Okkay so then we went and visited with all the princesses
    Cinderella was very cute. She told me I looked like Giselle which made me happy

Horse_bunny and I doing the princess pose (I could so be a princess :P) w/ Aurora (she was doing an almost English accent.. it was strange)

Now Ladies and Gentlemen the 9th Wonder of the World! The Backside of Giselle!!!! Oooohhhh ahhhhhh

By this point I was so 7 yrs old!!

We had a long conversation about how Arizona is too hot and how she liked my flowers and how we looked similar and gah! She was so cute

Then there was Jasmine

Horse_bunny and Ariel had a long conversation about how the skulls on her jacket made her a pirate and Ariel asked what they were in love with (b/c they had hearts in their eyes)

This pic is ridiculous.

She was a very cute Snow though

We finally saw Belle a little later (who had had the longest line, but then was totally deserted)

And died a little

There were jugglers and people on stilts

And finally outside the Kodak Theater

Re: 12/29 The Enchanted Experience at the El Capitan at Trip Report

Psst -- if anyone is looking for a better version of the podcast, there's always iTunes (and its horribly long URLs which always crack me up because they contain the name of one of my cats):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...84989&s=143441

And the direct site link:

http://www.horseandrabbit.com/Radio
    Last edited by Disneyphenom; 01-07-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Kuzcochik, thanks for another wonderful trip report! All the photos are fantastic, but the staged pics with your non-stop-fun friends are my favorites. They're totally enchanting!

I'll have to download and watch the podcast later this evening. If it's anything like the other horseandrabbit podcasts, it'll be a blast!

Comment

KC,

We just missed each other. I was at the 7pm show on Dec 29th.

Love your "almost died" picture!!!!
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Disneyphenom: Thank you! I meant to put actual links in there but I'm lame and forgot cause I had like 7 pages of just pics :P

Armadillo4: You're always so kind about my posts, thank you!! I think it's funny cause I'm always thinking "these staged one's are only going to be funny to us" and those tend to be the one's people like best *shrug* go fig!

Aladdin: That's crazy! We were leaving about the time you were heading into the theater. And thank you (Oh and furthermore, your profile pic makes you look like the princess pimp... in a good way!!)

Comment

Wow, great report and pictures. Aladdin told me about his adventure at the El Capitan and now to see pictures from another point of view. Looks like a great time and you certainly could be a princess, I dub thee Princess Arizona.
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, I have to ask: where did you get the Giselle-like flowers for your hair? I love it!
              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

this was an awsome trip report. I love how you talked with all the carectors . truly a great time was had.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post
                  Disneyphenom: Thank you! I meant to put actual links in there but I'm lame and forgot cause I had like 7 pages of just pics :P

Armadillo4: You're always so kind about my posts, thank you!! I think it's funny cause I'm always thinking "these staged one's are only going to be funny to us" and those tend to be the one's people like best *shrug* go fig!

Aladdin: That's crazy! We were leaving about the time you were heading into the theater. And thank you (Oh and furthermore, your profile pic makes you look like the princess pimp... in a good way!!)

Hahahaha!! Yeah, it's unwhittingly become a theme as my
                  previous avatary made me look like Cruela's Pimp!!!

I really didn't think I would get to talk to so many different
                  princesses, for such an extended period of time! And the
                  lines were even shorter than when you visited them. I only
                  had to wait wait one person ahead of me with Giselle and Snow.

And YES! Giselle was one of the most fun characters to
                  talk with!!! Gotta love her ever so cheery uplifting positive
                  personality! I noticed the butterflies on wedding dress from
                  the movie, so I asked her about that and she said :

"Oh, yes! Butterflies are my favorite!"

I mentioned but you like chipmunks, too. Right?"

She responded "Of course, why Pip is my very best friend!"

Who would have thought that I would become
                  enchanted by these visits with so many princesses,
                  after all I was never a real big princess fab before.
                  But, yeah, as you said it, they kinda turned me
                  into the "Princess Pimp" hahahahahaha
                  Last edited by Aladdin; 01-11-2008, 06:03 PM.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I did the Enchanted Experience too (Trip report in here), it was so fun. It looks like you and your crew had a blast as well! Oh, and yay for San Diego Disney fans, i'm one too!

Comment

Pratt: Aww, thank you.
                      *curtseys* I humbly accept that title.

Joshrzmeup: I actually got them at the Disney Store (I work at) a few months ago. They were recalled for a reason we were never actually informed of and I actually bought mine the day before they made us pull them.
                      To my knowledge no store was suppose to sell them after that and they were suppose to be destroyed.

Aladdin:You summed it up so well!
                      The best thing about the Experience was even how well the princesses interacted. Even when there were lines, they took the time to talk to every guest that was willing to talk back to them. Sadly this is missing now, IMHO, at Disneyland with the crazy lines and things like the fantasy faire *shakes fist at it*
                      That and I was so happy they were willing to interact w/ the big kids (Face characters, in my experience, tend to shy away or not know how to handle the over 10 set)

DisneyRoyalty: I saw your post, also fabulous!

Comment

I loved this trip report:thumbup::yea:.. thanks so much for sharing

Friends for life

Comment

OMG I wanted to know where your icon picture came from, so I followed your post to this thread, and this was beyond words!! That Giselle is SO amazing!!! I want to see her so badly! We are taking a trip to New York City this week and I can't wait to dance around Central Park! I will be really excited if they have Giselle at the World of Disney NY Store!!! I love Enchanted so much!
                          It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Awesome Kuzcochik.

Very funny:
                            sigpic
                            Home away from Home.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X