• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp's $2m Thank You

From CelebEdge:
    http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Jo...abc&date=False

Johnny Depp's $2m thank you

Johnny Depp donated $2 million to a London children's hospital yesterday (14.01.08) as a thank you for saving his daughter's life.

(BANG) - Johnny Depp has donated $2 million to a London children's hospital for saving his daughter's life.

The Hollywood actor secretly visited Great Ormond Street Hospital, where his eight-year-old girl Lily-Rose was treated last March after her kidneys failed, to personally hand over the sum as a thank you yesterday (14.01.08).
    Johnny, who kept a bedside vigil with long-term partner Vanessa Paradis when their daughter was treated for E.Coli poisoning, has revealed Lily-Rose's health scare put the family through "hell".

He told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "It was the most frightening thing we have ever been through. It was hell. But the magic is that she pulled through beautifully. Great Ormond Street was terrific, a great hospital."
    Filming of his movie 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street' was halted while Johnny concentrated on nursing Lily-Rose back to health.
    He said: "I don't know what anyone else's feelings were at the time - whether I was coming back or not. I wasn't sure if I would be able to.
    "But Tim Burton, the director, and the production were unbelievably supportive and said, 'Look we're hitting pause.'"

Last November, Johnny spent four hours at the Great Ormond Street hospital reading bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow after having his 'Pirates of the Caribbean' costume flown over from Los Angeles.
    He also invited five Great Ormond Street doctors and nurses to the London premiere of 'Sweeney Todd...' last week.

(C) BANG Media International

Cool guy. I like how he read stories to the kids, dressed up like Captain Jack.

Re: Johnny Depp's $2m Thank You

That's my man. What a guy.

Comment

Johnny's an awesome dude. And this is the best part

The Hollywood actor secretly visited Great Ormond Street Hospital,
      He wasn't looking for publicity. He wasn't looking for a pat on the back. He just wanted to help.

Comment

Seemingly classy guy with unquestionable talent. Here is what one blogger had to say.

"So, to compare, Johnny Depp shut down a $50 million dollar movie for two weeks and wrote a $2 million check because his kid got sick, Britney Spears couldn't be bothered to drive across town to keep her kids. If this were some kind of parenting death match, Britney would be armed with a marshmallow shooter and Johnny would be riding the Cloverfield monster."
        Originally posted by Aristocat
        I miss David.
        Originally posted by Ginarella
        All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

That is really wonderful of him.

Comment

Yay! Gotta love Johnny.

That was sweet of him to read the stories to children as Jack. Lucky kids.
            ~Pearl~
            Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

Comment

Johnny Depp is a class act all the way.

Comment

The money is nice, but to me what really sells it is how he dressed as Jack and read stories to kids. Incredible.

Comment

i swear that johnny depp is the most awesome and thankful and normal celebrity out there. He is the nicest guy as well and one of the most wonderful actors of our day. I bet the hospital could use the two million as well. Go johnny!!!

Comment

That is really freaking cool.

Comment

In this day and age it truly is reassuring to see that there still exists such men of honor.

And I agree, almost cooler than the two million is dressing up as Jack and reading to the kids. Class act, right there.

Comment

Johnny Depp is one of the most humble, kindest actors out there. I think he is one of the finest actors ever.

This is nice to read about.

Comment

That really is a very nice gesture. I liked the part of him telling stories to the other patients.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

In this day and age when most kids do not have the proper kind of hero to look up to, this is the HERO!!! Thank God for Johnny Depp. He is the greatest.
                            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Bless his heart. That is awesome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X