This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DVD Release Schedule

These are just announced new releases for February and March titles that might interest you:

The Martian Child 2/12

Beowilf (Director's Cut) 2/26

Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium 3/4

Tin Man (from the Sci Fi Channel) 3/11

The Seeker (From Walden Media) 3/18

Enchanted 3/18

August Rush 3/11
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: New DVD Release Schedule

I'm really surprised Mr. Magorium's bombed as badly as it did with Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman in the cast. I was curious when I saw the poster, gagged when I saw the teaser.

And I have a dilemna with Enchanted. I read that the Blu-Ray disc will come with an exclusive feature pointing out the spots in the film that are homages to past Disney films. I'd want that one then, but my wallet hasn't graduated to the level of Blu-Ray and HDTV buyer yet. Realistically I should wait until prices for HDTVs come down later this year.

Comment

my wallet hasn't graduated to the level of Blu-Ray and HDTV buyer yet.
      You could still purchase the Blue Ray and sit on it until you upgraded your system.

Comment

^ Yes, I've considered that. In fact, the PS3 is on my list of BR players to consider buying so I could get more out of my player if I had to hold off on the HDTV. But since I'm not really a big gamer, I've been able to keep a frugal head ... so far.

Comment

I'm really surprised Mr. Magorium's bombed as badly as it did
          I'm not. The poster, and trailer looked horrible, and the reviews weren't kind. It opened against Enchanted I think.

Even Kermit the frog couldn't save this turkey.

Comment

^The Seeker bombed even more so. When they first announced that the Dark is Rising was being turned into a movie, I was looking forward to it, and maybe the other four books as well in the Susan Cooper series. When I saw the trailer for it, I thought, What the hell? :unsure::thumbdown What did they do to it? Not one of Walden Media's finest moments. Hopefully they redeem themselves with Prince Caspian.

Comment

At least the trailer for Prince Caspian looks exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Other Disney to add to the list;
                The Aristocats Special Edition: Feb 5, 2008
                101 Dalmations Platinum Edition: March 4, 2008
                Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros 2-pack: April 29, 2008

Later in the year:
                The Jungle Book 2 Special Edition: Summer 2008
                The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning: August 26, 2008
                Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition: Oct 2008
                Last edited by Barbossa; 01-26-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Sleeping Beauty is the Blue Ray edition correct?

Comment

Little Mermaid III? I thought Iger had ordered all these crappy sequels stopped. What a shame they are still coming out.
                    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                      The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning: August 26, 2008
                      Oh...pinch me.

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                      Little Mermaid III? I thought Iger had ordered all these crappy sequels stopped. What a shame they are still coming out.
                      My guess is that the ones already deep into production were allowed to be finished. At least that's what I'm hoping this means.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                        My guess is that the ones already deep into production were allowed to be finished. At least that's what I'm hoping this means.

I remember reading that awhile ago. Personally, while I greatly dislike the sequals if they are as far along as LM3 was supposed to have been they might as well finish it. It would be a waste of money not to. Besides they can use the profits to help pay for the DCA ride.

I have one I'm surprised you missed.

Justice League: The New Frontier - Feburary 26th

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
                          Sleeping Beauty is the Blue Ray edition correct?
                          Both Blu-Ray and regular DVD for Sleeping Beauty. This is the first Platinum to hit Blu.

I think Little Mermaid III is the last of the straight to DVD sequels. There's also that Tinkerbell movie coming out this year on DVD if you want to consider that a sequel, more like a spinoff.

Comment

Darnit! I already have the previous 2 disc Sleeping Beauty.... and the previous CAV Laser Disc. Don't know how soon I want to go Blue.

Comment

The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning aka THE DISNEY CHANNEL TELEVISION SHOW?!? I mean, really. That's what the cartoon show was about!

Also, the release date for ENCHANTED is going on my calendar with a heart around it just as soon as I post this response...
                              It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X