This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC to be fined 1.4 Million by FCC

On Friday the FCC announced that it plans to fine ABC 1.4 million dollars over an episode of NYPD Blue. The infraction is a scene from an episode that was shown back in 2003 where a lady's bottom was shown.

Why the FCC is imposing a fine for this scene, but not for Dennis Franz's nude scene which left the majority of the NYPD Blue viewers tramatized for months, is a question on everyone's mind.

Disney / ABC has announced that it opposes the fine and will appeal.

For more on this story, please go to http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080126/tv_nm/fcc_abc_dc
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: ABC to be fined 1.4 Million by FCC

For a show that showed 4 years ago? This is stupid. Peoples' cheeks were shown more than once on that show during its history.

Go ABC!

Comment

Madness.

Comment

That's ridiculous. Wait, the FCC is ridiculous. Just strange that we still have that around since this is the country where we're supposed to have freedom of speech, etc. :bang: Go ABC is right!
        http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
        www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
        http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

The FCC made no big deal when Dennis Franz's rear was shown, but when it comes to a woman, everybody rises up in fury.

However, there is a lot of problem with this. First of all, you got the 10:00/ 9:00 issue. Most children living in the 10:00 P.M zone are in bed, so you have no problem. However, when it comes to the 9:00 P.M zone, you have children that are awake when this comes on, and if there is not a blocker, they can view this. Another problem is that a lot of people don't have V-Chip or a program blocker, so it makes it difficult. Even though there are a lot of responsible parents, they can't watch everything there parents do, unfortunately.

For me, personally, it's a no-win situation.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

If a child doesn't know what a butt looks like, then the parents should be locked up. This is clearly a case of the FCC being overly sensitive.

ABC should fight the ruling. Although it would be cheaper to just pay it.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
              Why the FCC is imposing a fine for this scene, but not for Dennis Franz's nude scene which left the majority of the NYPD Blue viewers tramatized for months, is a question on everyone's mind.
              He received an Emmy instead. Four Emmys out of the eight he was nominated for over his tenure on the show, there must've been multiple nude scenes.
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                Another problem is that a lot of people don't have V-Chip or a program blocker, so it makes it difficult. Even though there are a lot of responsible parents, they can't watch everything there parents do, unfortunately.
                That's what parents are supposed to be for.

This is a ridiculous thing and ABC/Disney is right for fighting it.

In the immortal words of Stan Marsh:

"I guess parents don't care about violence if there's sex stuff to worry about"

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                  If a child doesn't know what a butt looks like, then the parents should be locked up. This is clearly a case of the FCC being overly sensitive.
                  While I do agree, it's a little more than just the butt. It's about as close as you can get to full nudity on network tv. It is NYPD Blue, after all.

if anyone is interested about the scene in question, it is, of course, on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SnsxFvCaZJ8
                  ------

------

Comment

Originally posted by xerotheory142 View Post
                    While I do agree, it's a little more than just the butt. It's about as close as you can get to full nudity on network tv. It is NYPD Blue, after all.

if anyone is interested about the scene in question, it is, of course, on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SnsxFvCaZJ8
                    HAHAHAHAHA! That is so silly to be fined over.

Comment

thats so stupid.

Comment

What I don't get is why they go after a show that's been off the air for several years and yet The View is still on tv......

Now that is scarring television.
                        ------

------

Comment

yeah.

Comment

It's about that time to rid ourselves of the FCC.
                            "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                            You set the bar I could not live up to
                            Tonight the light is breaking through
                            So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                            Zebrahead

Comment

I don't think they should be find for showing Charlotte Ross's rear after all her rear is good looking, Dennis Franz on the other hand. ABC should have been fined over $20,000000 over that one. I still have bad dreams of seeing his fat ugly A$$
                              THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X