This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Coming to the Hollwood Bowl!!!!

Queen and Paul Rodgers are bringing there tour to the U.S.A.!!!! This will be the first time Queen has played in the United States since 1982! Of course it won't be the same without Freddie but Brain May and Rodger Taylor are good enough for and Queen fan like me (since I was only 2 years old the last time they came to this contry). They will only play two shows, one in New Jersy and one in Hollywood at the Bowl. Tickets are for sale for the New Jersy show today and tickets for the Hollywood show go on sale on Sundy the 31st. The show will take place on October 22nd at the Bowl. Go to Ticketmaster.com to get more details of this unpresdented event!

Re: Queen Coming to the Hollwood Bowl!!!!

Oh my gosh! THank you! I love you for pointing this out, and I'm going to ticketmaster right now. EEEEEE!
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Of course it won't be the same without Freddie
      Now that's an understatement!

Comment

Okay I have officially got my tickets...didn't buy the 200 level tix. As has been stated before, no Freddie, no going into debt for tix. THey're not bad, though. Now to wait and brave the traffic at the bowl.
        The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Got mine too, I got pretty good seats, although they are off to the side. I hope it will be a good show, I am sure it will be though!

Comment

Boingonut, where are you sitting. I'm in K2. In the middle row wise, but also off to the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Small Panda After All
              Boingonut, where are you sitting. I'm in K2. In the middle row wise, but also off to the side.
              I am in K3 so I am right at the edge so we are pretty close I guess, I have never been to the bowl before but from the seating chart I got the general idea of how things are set up. But my seats are in the close to the side on the inside edge so I hope it won't be to bad. My computer crapped out on me right before tickets went on sale at 10 so I had to re-start the computer which cost me better seats I think. I am just glad to have tickets though :yea: !

Comment

Oh, that sucks! Doesn't that always seem to happen? But I'm with you, at least we got the tix! I personally hate ticketmaster and am usually a drive to the BO or at the very least Wherehouse, so I'm surprised that the scalpers didn't ace me out!

Comment

NO FREDDIE= NOT QUEEN

I am VERY Fortunate to have seen The "Jazz" tour and "The Game" Tour. in '78 and '80.
                  Freddie Mucrury WAS Queen on stage, one of the greatest rock voices ever heard, and one of the best showmen/entertainers of all time.

Without Freddie it's just Music, not a Queen "Show"
                  -----------------------------------------------
                  DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                    NO FREDDIE= NOT QUEEN

I am VERY Fortunate to have seen The "Jazz" tour and "The Game" Tour. in '78 and '80.
                    Freddie Mucrury WAS Queen on stage, one of the greatest rock voices ever heard, and one of the best showmen/entertainers of all time.

This is true, although I have always been more of a Brain May fan so I am pretty excited about the show. Perhaps they sould have used a different name instead of Queen? I don't really care though it is all about the music and it will be great to see Queen's music preformed by at least half of Queen (I think John Deacon is not with them anymore). Like I said I was only 2 years old the last time they came to the states so I will take what I can get Freddie or no Freddie.

Comment

You know what, I saw We Will Rock You in Vegas and I was honestly a tad bit worried about whether Queen without Freddie being the singer. Then I saw the show and the music holds up on its own. That is part of the genious of Freddie. I realize that he had a FANTASTIC voice that will never be matched in the history of ever. I doubt replacement is what this new tour is going for. They know that the music holds up and they just need to find someone with the range to sing it. Hell I'd see the kid who played in We Will Rock You again.

Comment

oops! Double post.

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                          NO FREDDIE= NOT QUEEN

As good as Freddie was, he had the weakest of the solo albums. But when the rest of the band redid some of the songs for the Made In Heaven album, the songs were great. Definitely a whole being better than the sum of the parts.

I think that they picked Paul Rogers because he is definitely the Anti-Freddie as far as the showmanship is concerned. Vocal wise, as long as Roger is doing the backing vocals it will sound like Queen. I remember that from the tribute tour.

I left the ticket getting to my wife (it is my B-day present) and she waited too long. We are way in the back.

Comment

What did everyone think of the show? I thought the pacing was a bit off but everything was redeemed with the way they did Bohemian Rhapsody. Simply amazing.

Comment

That had/has to be a good show even though without Freddie

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X