This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Across the Universe

I cant wait on Tues Feb 5th the dvd for "Across The Universe" comes out. I hope it has lots of good extras

Re: DVD Across the Universe

i've already got my deposit down at suncoast!!! can't wait!!!! it was my son's first movie, when he was 6 weeks old.

Comment

My boyfriend just recently bought this movie. It's great! I love it.
      Polynesian girl

Comment

This movie just seems weird to me. I really don't like movies when different people are singing Beatles songs.

I'd rather listen to the real deal.

Comment

I'd like to see this one on Blue Ray. While the film as a whole wasn't that great, the individual production numbers for the songs were amazing. I'd think that watching this at home and skipping over the story would be fantastic.
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

^Totally agree. I saw it for the first time at my friends' place on DVD. I've been thinking this is the year I join the Blu-Ray crowd. The visuals would definitely pop on a HDTV screen. The story's fine, not earth-shattering, but I appreciate the cleverness with creating situations for each of the Beatles' songs that they chose to use. Btw there's an interview on the Internet somewhere with the screenwriters saying their next script will use Rolling Stones songs and is being produced as an animated film by a French production company. It's called "Ruby Tuesday."

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
              I'd like to see this one on Blue Ray. While the film as a whole wasn't that great, the individual production numbers for the songs were amazing. I'd think that watching this at home and skipping over the story would be fantastic.
              That is so funny because that is exactly what we did!
              sigpic

Comment

Here is the question, IS IT WORTH $30+? Please advise.
                Originally posted by Aristocat
                I miss David.
                Originally posted by Ginarella
                All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

Originally posted by larasound View Post
                  Here is the question, IS IT WORTH $30+? Please advise.
                  If you can cope with people other than The Beatles singing Beatles songs, yes. But it's not just that. Not only are the people singing them different, the songs themselves are adjusted to fit the tone of the film. The movie is visually stunning, a la Moulin Rouge. The actors seem to have a decent bit of talent, both in acting and singing, especially Rachel Evan Wood. The story can seem a bit awkward at times, but it didn't really bother me much when I saw it in theaters.

Comment

Sure did buy it the day it came out and I've watched it quite a few times since. But I really don't like re-watching movie so I just put it on as background music as I like these more then the Originals (yeah I'm weird like that and I'm not the biggest fan of "old" sounding music)
                    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                    You set the bar I could not live up to
                    Tonight the light is breaking through
                    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                    Zebrahead

Comment

I saw this at Target tonight. I just want to rent it first. That way if I don't like it, I'm only out like $5 instead of $20. Mainly I want to see it for Bono!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X