This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akira to be remade as Live Action Movie

This I just found out on "I Watch Stuff" a blog about movies. The news is that the classic Anime Movie that really started the big fandom for Anime on a commercial scale, Akira, is to be made into a live action movie. The movie is being done by Leonardo DiCaprio who will also star as Akira, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (From 3rd Rock from the Sun" as wacked out Tesuo. I can't believe this. Again, WHY???? This movie is probably the best anime film ever and now they want to update it to Manhattan and make it live action? :!$#%: :bang:

This proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Hollywood has lost it's creative mind. They just can't do anything new anymore. It's all about redoing things, making movies out of books, old TV shows or endless sequels to movies that weren't all that good to begin with.

www.iwatchstuff.com

This is a pretty cool movie blog and he doesn't pull any punches with his opinions, plus he gets a lot of cool trailers first.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Akira to be remade as Live Action Movie

Ok, this is about as bad as when I heard my Favorite Anime (Neo Genesis Evangelion) was going to be made into live action. Leave Perfection Alone!!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

That movie is too weird to be live action, leave it alone
      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
      -Dr. Strange

Comment

Eh. I thought Akira sucked so I'm not too moved. I don't see it as any different, though, than having giant Bionicle robots masquerading as Transformers (In Name Only) in a giant Michael Bay turd-fest. It happens. I don't know who is more souless these days; Hollywood or the audiences who clamor for more of their nonsense.

(Can you tell I'm in a grumpy mood today? ) )

Comment

Ugh make the madness stop. I forsee crappy CGI effects.
          "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X