This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratatouille Wins Best Animated Feature Oscar

As expected, Disney/Pixar's 'Ratatouille' won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature Film at Sunday night's Academy Awards. In his acceptance speech, Writer/Director Brad Bird made of point of thanking his junior high school guidance counselor.

He asked me, "What do you want to do with your life?" And I said, "I want to make movies." And he said, "What else do you want to do with your life?" And I said, "Make movies," and he said, "What if you couldn't make movies," and I said, "I'd find a way that I could."

"What if movies didn't exist?"

"I'd have to invent them." And it went on like this until we were sick of each other and i only realized just recently that he gave me the perfect training for the movie business.
    More comments from Brad Bird courtesy of Oscar.com's "Thank You Cam": http://oscar.com/video/index?channel=6856&clip=10237.

Despite having three songs nominated for Best Song, Walt Disney Pictures' "Enchanted" failed to take home an Oscar, losing to the indie-film "Once" and its song "Falling Slowly." "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" was also shut out for Makeup and Visual Effects.

The complete list of winners from the 80th Annual Academy Awards (courtesy AP):

Best Picture: "No Country for Old Men"
    Lead Actress: Marion Cotillard, "La Vie en Rose"
    Lead Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"
    Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, "No Country for Old Men"
    Supporting Actress: Tilda Swinton, "Michael Clayton"
    Best Director: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"
    Foreign Language Film: "The Counterfeiters," Austria
    Adapted Screenplay: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"
    Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, "Juno"
    Animated Feature Film: "Ratatouille"
    Art Direction: "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
    Cinematography: "There Will Be Blood"
    Sound Mixing: "The Bourne Ultimatum"
    Sound Editing: "The Bourne Ultimatum"
    Original Score: "Atonement," Dario Marianelli
    Original Song: "Falling Slowly" from "Once," Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
    Costume: "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
    Documentary Feature: "Taxi to the Dark Side"
    Documentary Short Subject: "Freeheld"
    Makeup: "La Vie en Rose"
    Animated Short Film: "Peter & the Wolf"
    Live Action Short Film: "Le Mozart des Pickpockets (`The Mozart of Pickpockets')"
    Visual Effects: "The Golden Compass"
    ———
    Academy Award winners previously announced this year: Honorary and technical Oscars: Robert Boyle; Eastman Kodak Co.; David A. Grafton.
    MiceChatters comment on the Oscars: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...w_2-90914.html
    Last edited by disneytim; 02-25-2008, 11:37 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Ratatouille Wins Best Animated Feature Oscar

I'm so happy Ratatouille won! I would have been so annoyed if another subpar penguin film would have won like last year. I still feel Cars was robbed!

Yeah Remy!!! :yea:
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Cars was Robbed! Go Remy!!!
      sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Glad Ratatouille won.

Pirates was robbed of Best Visual Effects though.

Comment

Haven't seen the Golden Compass yet...and I'm definitely bias, but I have to agree...

Pirates of the Caribbean had amazing visual effects if only for the Maelstrom sequence. Simply incredible!

Also...glad Ratatouille won. It's such a mature movie in many ways, I wish it could be recognized for more than just being "animated". I suppose you only get nominated for "best picture" if you explore the darker side of humanity.
          sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X