X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Wolfman'

'The Wolfman' Lon Chaney Jr. 1941

First Look: Benicio Del Toro as the Wolfman

See the Oscar-winning actor in full makeup for the horror movie remake. Plus: Rick Baker on the process of making him into a monster

By Lindsay Soll
    Entertainment Weekly
    March 21, 2008

It's been 67 years since the Wolfman first attacked the box office, but he'll be making a comeback next year in a remake by Joe Johnston (Hidalgo, Jurassic Park III). Fortunately for all you lycanthrope fans out there who just can't wait that long, EW caught up with the horror flick's makeup artist, six-time Oscar winner Rick Baker, for an exclusive First Look at how he's transformed star Benicio Del Toro into the famed beastly creature.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20185191,00.html

'The Wolfman' returns - 10/19/07
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...nicio+del+toro
    Last edited by ALIASd; 03-21-2008, 04:30 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'The Wolfman'

Some more photos:

I think he kinda resembles Oliver Reed in 1961's Curse of the Werewolf -

Looks to be great fun, though!

Comment

This should be good. I've got the original Wolfman as part of the 6 volume monster legacy series DVD sets Universal put out a few years ago. I heard a remake of Creature From the Black Lagoon is also in the works.

Comment

The make-up looks very true to the original. I am extremely pleased. Hopefully the film will keep with the high standards of the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
          I heard a remake of Creature From the Black Lagoon is also in the works.
          Yes, this is true. I hope that they keep the Creature looking like our classic Gillman, as they did with our new Wolf Man.

Comment

I can't wait until next year. the make up looks creepy.

Comment

well my fave movie is An American Werewolf in London, and i'm a huge fan of Rick Baker's work, so of course i cannot wait for this one to come out next yr, and Creature too. i have all the Universal horror sets they put out, well the 6 sets they put out. i have the busts too.
              "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

Comment

Very cool. And perfect casting!!!

Comment

yeah, looks good. I'm impressed. The picture with him standing over the guy....he looks a tad like Jack Nicholson in The Shining. haha

Comment

It's odd that this movie is coming out in April. It would be better if it were an October release for Halloween. I guess they are releasing it in April so that it would be on DVD before Halloween - so they can make more $.

Comment

Oooooo...intriguing!!
                      Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                      FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                      I bring the magic!!!
                      "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                      Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                      Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Is this the one where when he becomes the werewolf he is an awesome basketball player?

Oh dang, sorry, thats Teenwolf.

The makeup looks amazing. Hopefully the whole movie is done very well.
                        When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

Comment

Aren't Wolfmen pretty low-fi to an audience used to Werewolves?

It looks great but the last movie that attempted a wolfman-type character was Wolf. And we all know what a disappointment that was.
                          WDW - 1987 & 1991
                          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X