Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

U.S. firms aim to learn theme parks' local culture - Los Angeles Times, 4/3/08

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. firms aim to learn theme parks' local culture - Los Angeles Times, 4/3/08

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-nu...,2483505.story

Although U.S. companies' international theme parks contain many of the elements that made them famous, they all have to adapt -- at least in some way -- to the local culture.

Consider Disney's learning experiences: When its Paris park opened, it banned alcohol but offered a variety of gourmet, sit-down restaurants. But Parisians wanted their Chardonnay -- and American fare.

"They wanted what Americans do: hot dogs," said Al Lutz, editor of the Disney fan website Miceage.com. "They want churros and popcorn and all that stuff. . . . [Companies] go into it a lot just learning, and they figure it out."
    More at the link
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: U.S. firms aim to learn theme parks' local culture - Los Angeles Times, 4/3/08

I'm curious, which of the international parks Al Lutz has visited?

Comment

Re: U.S. firms aim to learn theme parks' local culture - Los Angeles Times, 4/3/08

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      Wow, how revolutionary!! This is in the newspaper today?? What a breaking story!!

Comment

Originally posted by Middlebrow View Post
        I'm curious, which of the international parks Al Lutz has visited?

Better yet, i wonder since when did Mr Lutz become so knowledgable of what foreign people want in a theme park. Or even when he became such in expert in starting up international parks.

When is LutzLAnd openeing in Dubai?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X