This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LION KING Broadway 10th Anniversary/Time Warner Center Exhibit--PHOTO HEAVY

Hello! Had my camera with me this morning while running errands in Midtown to take pictures of Broadway's "The Lion King" 10th Anniversary Exhibit at the Time Warner Center. The exhibit features costumes, maquettes, and puppets from the Broadway production.

This report will be quite heavy with photos. I'm gonna break it up into a few parts yet please be patient as photos load. Thanks!

It's a lovely exhibit and the photos mostly speak for themselves.

Upon entering one is greeted by a pair of ostriches from "I Just Can't Wait to Be King." Here's one of them:

Aerial view from mezzanine level:

I love the use of ostrich feathers, the paint detail on the wings, and the view of the understructure of the puppet:

Hey, turn around! Who's that? Why it's Rafiki on loan from Madame Tussaud's!

Rafiki costume details:

More to come....

Re: LION KING Broadway 10th Anniversary/Time Warner Center Exhibit--PHOTO HEAVY

A short walk away we find life-size maquettes of Mufasa and Sarabi:

Down the corridor among the shops are photo panels explaining the show with maquettes displayed in front of them:

Simba:

Jungle:

More to come...

Comment

Check out this photo panel of the finished Zazu and then the maquette afterward. Quite different choice in design!

Finished Zazu puppet:

Scar and Zazu (also on loan from Madame Tussaud's):

Scar claw detail:

Zazu detail:

More to come...

Comment

Nala:

Dashikis:

Rafiki:

"Circle of Life" Rhino maquette close-up:

Gazelle wheel maquette:

Still more to come...

Comment

Wildebeest maquette closeup:

Young Simba and Young Nala:

View of Sarabi from Mezzanine:

Front lobby banner view from Mezzanine:

View of Columbus Circle from Mezzanine:

View of Time Warner Center from Columbus Circle:

All in all a really nice exhibit. I had a great time reading about the show's concept and design on the boards and viewing everything close up. I'm amazed at the detail in the costuming as it may not be something you'll even see while sitting in the audience. The rich textures of the textiles and details in painting are things I think audience members see in their subconscious making the design richer.

Enjoy!

Comment

That is soooo cool! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing!
              "But every night, when it gets dark
              and the stars come out,
              I'll look up on her behalf.
              I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

What awesome pictures. I love the Rafiki ones. Thanks for sharing with us

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Thank you for sharing, the pictures are wonderful!

And it brings back happy memories of seeing this show.

Comment

Ron, those are terrific pictures. What an amazing exhibit!
                    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Wow, those are wonderful pictures. I love the detail ones the most.

Thanks for sharing with us!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Great pics, Ron!

Comment

Great pictures 007!! I'm jealous you got to go see that. I miss that show. Thank you for sharing!
                          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                          I bring the magic!!!
                          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

AWESOME pictures RonNYC! Thanks for sharing them here. The details in the costumes, puppets and props are really cool to see up close. Thanks again!!!

:thumbup:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X