X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Resort president discusses expansion - OC Register, 4/23/08

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/d...17-hotel-plans

More rides, theme park land and hotel rooms are in the future for the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, said Disneyland Resort President Ed Grier Wednesday.

Disney plans to add a Tinker Bell attraction at Disneyland in October, 253 rooms to the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa and new rides and themed lands to Disney's California Adventure.

At some point, Disney might add a third theme park on 88 acres of land next to Disneyland and possibly operate two hotels proposed for the Anaheim GardenWalk, Grier told a crowd of about 150 at an Orange County Forum event Wednesday.
    Much more at the link
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Disneyland Resort president discusses expansion - OC Register, 4/23/08

And don't get too excited about the Tinkerbell "attraction", everything I have heard points to a nice Meet and Greet experence, and not a ride.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      And don't get too excited about the Tinkerbell "attraction", everything I have heard points to a nice Meet and Greet experence, and not a ride.
      Is it the one that was rumored a while back where it suppose to feel like you're shrinking down to her size to meet her?

Comment

It sounds like they are trying to open the attraction to promote the direct to DVD movie. BASACKWARDS! If you ask me.

Attractions do not promote movies. Movies promote attractions. I see no reason people will want to go to Disneyland for a Tinker Bell attraction.
        Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Maybe the Tinkerbell attraction is... you get to ride the zipline off the Matterhorn.:lol:Actually, that would be kind of cool. They have a zipline ride at Olympic Park in Calgary off the big ski jump.

I just hope the third gate will be something fantastic like DisneySea.

Comment

One CM said something about a Fairy meet and great replacing Ariel's Grotto in Disneyland. With The Little Mermaid ride loaming, it sort of makes sense to move it to DCA. Though I'd hate to see the current one go.

Comment

Originally posted by TifaOnACloud View Post
              One CM said something about a Fairy meet and great replacing Ariel's Grotto in Disneyland. With The Little Mermaid ride loaming, it sort of makes sense to move it to DCA. Though I'd hate to see the current one go.

That makes sense...it is about time they changed that little area anyway. They could make kinda a little neverland thingy in the water, or something inside the Lost Boys treehouse perhaps.

Comment

I would go to Disneyland for a Tinker Bell attraction and/or Meet and Greet.

Comment

Here's the scoop from Al Lutz:

Editor's Note 4/25 5PM Special Update: Disneyland's new Tinker Bell "attraction" you've heard about from Ed Grier is actually just a remodeling of the Ariel's Grotto location near the Matterhorn. The new "Pixie Hollow" will be a photo meet n' greet for Tink and her new pixie pals with an attached merchandise cart, just in time for DVD sales this fall. More info to come in the next update. By the way, Ariel will be donning a dress and moving to the Princess Fantasy Faire while her lavish new ride gets built (including a new meet n' greet) for her in DCA. - Al Lutz
                  "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                  Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Does this mean they are re-doing Triton Gardens as well???

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                      Does this mean they are re-doing Triton Gardens as well???
                      That's what it sounds like. That is where the current Ariel meet and greet is held and where the Tinkerbell is going. Wouldn't make sense if Tink was surrounded with Trident stuff.
                      "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                      Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

I'm impressed by this. I think it is really awesome that they are going to have Tinkerbell meet and greet people, and I've always wanted to see Ariel in her Green sea dress.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X