Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Businessman commits suicide by jumping off the top floor of the DLH Wonder Tower

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Businessman commits suicide by jumping off the top floor of the DLH Wonder Tower

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...de?slideshow=1

Shortly after 11 a.m., police were called to investigate a possible suicide at 1150 Magic Way, said Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez.

The man was in town on business and was staying in a room with a business associate; the business associate was in the room when the man jumped, Martinez said.
    The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
    Much more at the link.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Businessman commits suicide by jumping off the top floor of the DLH Wonder Tower

My girlfriend said that one of her managers saw the incident happen. I don't know about you, but if I saw someone fall, jump, or whatever from a building that tall it would take me a long time to forget about it....
    Class of 2005...

Comment

Re: Businessman commits suicide by jumping off the top floor of the DLH Wonder Tower

I hope that no kids saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
        I hope that no kids saw that.

I know that would be so scary!

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreetcm View Post
          My girlfriend said that one of her managers saw the incident happen. I don't know about you, but if I saw someone fall, jump, or whatever from a building that tall it would take me a long time to forget about it....
          My Grandma Ginny saw a man jump and plummet to his death in the late 1960's from a building in downtown Anaheim.....I believe it's one of the older buildings that still stands near City Hall around Anaheim Blvd......my Mom said that it was a very difficult thing for my Grandma to see. I never asked her about it because Mom said that it was very rough on Grandma......

I can't imagine seeing something like that....

Comment

That would be scary. We were just down there last weekend. I can't believe it. I certainly hope no kids or anyone for that matter, saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by ohduggy View Post
              That would be scary. We were just down there last weekend. I can't believe it. I certainly hope no kids or anyone for that matter, saw that.
              I think it would be hard to get your vacation back on track after seeing something like that. This incident is just really crazy...
              Class of 2005...

Comment

I feel extremely sorry for him and his family. I think falling and being burned to death, would be my top two worst ways to go. I think when my time comes I hope, I just go in my sleep.
                My advise is if you find yourself getting that depressed get help.
                Dave

Comment

Does anyone know if the man left a suicide note or why he decided to jump in the first place? I never heard anymore than that fact he jumped from the 14th floor and what his approx age was. There's got to be more to this story, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
                  Love Is An Open Door
                  :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

I'm betting he'd received the bill shortly beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                      I'm betting he'd received the bill shortly beforehand.
                      Real cold comment to make. I've had suicide in my family and a friend, and it's no laughing matter. I pray you never have to suffer such a thing.

Comment

I find it a little creepy that the article says that the business associate was in the room when the man jump. Yeesh, bad juju all around.

Comment

Originally posted by squashandstretch View Post
                          I find it a little creepy that the article says that the business associate was in the room when the man jump. Yeesh, bad juju all around.
                          Between the associate, doing it at the DLH, and in veiw of anyone who had the misfortune to see such a thing, he was probably making some sort of statement to the world, in his mind. Such a selfish act, made moreso by the circumstances.

It is too bad he didn't seek help. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who may have affected by this tragedy..
                          -----------------------------------------------
                          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
                            Does anyone know if the man left a suicide note or why he decided to jump in the first place? I never heard anymore than that fact he jumped from the 14th floor and what his approx age was. There's got to be more to this story, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Nothing was stated that there was one. APD weren't going to state if there was one or not until family was notified. But knowing disney, It won't be in teh news. And if it is, they may not say anything about a note.
                            "If you think about it, Disneyland is just a people trap set by a mouse." :lol:

Comment

Back in 2001 I saw a man jump from a LIRR train car into the tunnel heading into NYC. It still haunts me every day! It is unforgettable so I can imagine what witnesses were/are going through. I really hope no kids saw it. Terrible...
                              Kristen

www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum
                              Authorized Disney Vacation Planners
                              kristeng@magicaltravel.com

"To all who come to this happy place.......Welcome!"
                              - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X