Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposal For New Sub-Forum

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proposal For New Sub-Forum

    Under each parks forum or possibly even its own forum:

    City Hall-

    Would be the place for everyone to lodge their complaints about the names Disney chooses for ride, gaps in show, CM wearing sunglasses or backpacks, etc. The main Disneyland forum is getting so bad with all the petty little complaints, you would mistake it for Knott's Berry Farm or Six Flags. Without knowing actual site stats, I am sure there are a lot of site visitors that visit the site looking for general info about lots of stuff for a trip their planing. They are most likely not the over the top hard core fans like some on this site that think if the paint on a building is chipped, the entire park should be closed to fix it.

    These visitors, as wel as members should have the chance to only read through the complaints if they choose too. Think of it like the editorial page in the newspaper, you can either read it, or not.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

  • #2
    Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

    So you don't like people discussing what they don't like about Disneyland so we should create a whole new forum? If there is a vote I'll say nay.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

      I like the idea, push it all to one place and leave the Disneyland forum open for positive comments.

      I say YES!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

        Bad idea. Any given topic in any given section will contain praise as well as complaining. It would be impossible (and illogical) to try and keep a discussion board forum exclusively positive.

        If you can't handle critical opinions, a discussion board is not the place for you.
        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

          that's understandable, but then you get threads that are ALL about negative crap. put those in their own forums where negative people can sit and be negative.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

            Originally posted by krystledm View Post
            that's understandable, but then you get threads that are ALL about negative crap. put those in their own forums where negative people can sit and be negative.
            That totally defeats the purpose of a chat board. I find it refreshing when people are able to discuss what they like and don't like about something. Some thread are half positive, half negative - what do you do with those?

            Some people are negative most of the time, if it's that big of a deal you can just block their chat and not subject some of us who like dialogue to have to decide what forum to go to.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

              I vote YES.
              Give the negative comments a place of their own and leave the positive to the Disneyland forums.


              *EDIT* I thought about it and I changed my mind - I'm going to go with a NO.
              Last edited by MsSarah; 06-23-2008, 11:08 AM. Reason: I changed my mind...
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                I'd rather just have a trip report forum. People are rarely negative in those and then everyone who gets miffed by a word of criticism can just enjoy the wonderful character photos and never have to witness a bad thought again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                  Originally posted by aashee View Post
                  I'd rather just have a trip report forum. People are rarely negative in those and then everyone who gets miffed by a word of criticism can just enjoy the wonderful character photos and never have to witness a bad thought again.
                  Amen to that, and a respectful "nay" to the idea originally proposed. A noble idea, yes but impractical and unworkable in the final analysis.

                  -- Barry
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                    Oooo I like the Trip Report idea....
                    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                      Its an exact replica of what Disney has done, give people once central point to submit their complaints, I.E. City Hall. It seems to work extremely well for them.
                      ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                        Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        So you don't like people discussing what they don't like about Disneyland so we should create a whole new forum? If there is a vote I'll say nay.
                        Perhaps you can enlighten me as to exactly where I said people shouldnt have the ability to discuss things? I am at a loss to find that.
                        ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                          Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                          Bad idea. Any given topic in any given section will contain praise as well as complaining. It would be impossible (and illogical) to try and keep a discussion board forum exclusively positive.

                          If you can't handle critical opinions, a discussion board is not the place for you.
                          I never said I cant handle them, saying that I am is simply illogical. I choose not to read anything about Hong Kong Disneyland, and how do I do that? Thats right, I dont visit that forum. To say its impossible to do is also illogical. Its done now when threads are moved from one forum to another.
                          ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                            Originally posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
                            Perhaps you can enlighten me as to exactly where I said people shouldnt have the ability to discuss things? I am at a loss to find that.
                            When someone says they loved a ride and then someone says that they hate the ride or hate the theme or whatever do you then move it to the Hate Lounge?

                            I know you don't like negativity but why make people go to entirely different forums because they don't happen to like a ride? This idea makes little sense to me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

                              Originally posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
                              Its an exact replica of what Disney has done, give people once central point to submit their complaints, I.E. City Hall. It seems to work extremely well for them.
                              Disneyland is a theme park. This is a message board. Apple and oranges.

                              Originally posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
                              Perhaps you can enlighten me as to exactly where I said people shouldnt have the ability to discuss things? I am at a loss to find that.
                              You did not say that, but you proposed to have ideas and comments you disagree with quarantined so as not hamper your ideal of the Disneyland forum. A more subtle move that has the same essential motive: remove the undesirable content from the Disneyland forum.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X