Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MiceChat Gold Feature: Get New PMs/Send Messages via Text Message to cell phones!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MiceChat Gold Feature: Get New PMs/Send Messages via Text Message to cell phones!

MiceChat Members,

We've got a new Gold feature for you today: SMS Services!

SMS (or Text Messages) enable short messages to be sent to your phone. MiceChat now has the ability to send your new PMs to you via Text Message. You can also select that other MiceChat Gold members send you messages via text message.

How do you get started? Just go to your User Control Panel, and click "Edit SMS Options". From there, you can setup your phone number - and set your options. You can also limit the number of messages you receive per day from MiceChat.

To send another user a text message, just go to their Profile page, and click "Contact Info", then "Send a text message to..."

Don't forget, some wireless carriers charge for Text Messages, so be sure to check your plan. MiceChat is not responsible for any charges from this service.*

Want this feature, but not a MiceChat Gold member? Sign up today!

Keep Texting Away,
    Your MiceChat Staff

*Important Notice About This Service:

MiceChat does not charge a fee for this service - it is included with your MiceChat Gold subscription. However, your phone company may assess fees for text messages received. It is your responsibility to verify with your phone company whether or not you will be charged for receiving text messages.

Please contact your phone company and ask if there is a fee to receive text messages via their email to text service if you unsure before you set your number up for text message features.

Your phone number will not be directly available to the MiceChat members or staff, so don't worry about Dustysage calling you at 2am.
    -Monorail Man

Re: New MiceChat Gold Feature: Get New PMs/Send Messages via Text Message to cell pho

What a great new feature! Thanks MM!
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Re: New MiceChat Gold Feature: Get New PMs/Send Messages via Text Message to cell pho

Very interesting feature, as it is I have gotten sucked into the texting world - a year ago I didn't even text and now it comes in so handy. Thanks MM for all the hard work in keeping this site running and adding so much.

Comment

Very cool MM!!!

Comment

Didn't work for me. I got the message but the pin was not accepteed. I did report it.
          >>Alan<<
          Member 216

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Didn't work for me. I got the message but the pin was not accepteed. I did report it.
            Clear your settings, and try again. Just be sure that only one message gets sent, and try another email address.
            -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
              Your phone number will not be directly available to the MiceChat members or staff, so don't worry about Dustysage calling you at 2am.
              But what if that was a selling point?

Thanks for this fun upgrade, guys! Perfect timing with my new phone and unlimited texting plan! (phew)
              I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
              then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

I love this new application! I'm waiting for the 'test' message. Does this service need internet access, or just text?
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

But, But, what if you can't go gold??? I mean check out the first pic in my signature...

I guess I'll just have to wait four years...

Comment

I love it.. have it working already

:bow: TO you monorailman

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                      I love it.. have it working already

:bow: TO you monorailman

the only thing is I dont think i can repl y to the messages..

also it doesnt really show the content of the pm, just that i have a pm and the title of it,

Friends for life

Comment

I love this new application, I got it up and working! Thanks MM!
                        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                          I love this new application, I got it up and working! Thanks MM!
                          can you read the pms when you rec eive it to your phone,, i just get the title and staing i have a pm on mic e chat

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                            can you read the pms when you rec eive it to your phone,, i just get the title and staing i have a pm on mic e chat
                            Can you send me one, so I can tell you

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                              Can you send me one, so I can tell you
                              ok brb

Friends for life

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X