This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New-to-MiceChat-Gold Questions

Hi! I'm new to the forum and just signed up for the annual Gold program.

I do see some of the changes that go with Gold, but I thought that your picture sizes and limitations increased with the Gold memberships. When I just uploaded a few pics, the size and quantity limitations had not changed. Am I misinterpreting something here?

Also, why doesn't my .gif avatar have any movement (glitter)? I uploaded the image to my album here and entered that url for the pic in "Edit Avatar". When I look at the image in the album it is glittering but not on my sidebar or in my profile...

What is that little green cross on everyone's profile??

Is there supposed to be some gold shield on my sidebar ID or profile?

Thanks! I'll keep experimenting with the new features and ask again if there are more things I can't figure out...
    :blush:
    sigpic

Re: New-to-MiceChat-Gold Questions

Not sure about the picture questions, but the last two I can answer.

The green cross represents the Reputation system. You can give Reputation by using the little balance symbol in the bottom left of a post. A green cross means you have a positive reputation on the site. A red minus sign means you have a bad reputation on the site.

To show that you have a Gold membership, under where it says "Welcome, CHESHIRE PUSS" should be a line that says "MiceChat Gold: Active"
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Originally posted by caesarboxfan View Post
      Not sure about the picture questions, but the last two I can answer.

The green cross represents the Reputation system. You can give Reputation by using the little balance symbol in the bottom left of a post. A green cross means you have a positive reputation on the site. A red minus sign means you have a bad reputation on the site.

To show that you have a Gold membership, under where it says "Welcome, CHESHIRE PUSS" should be a line that says "MiceChat Gold: Active"

Thanks caesarboxfan! At other forums I've used where they enable rep it usually shows up as multiple boxes with score totals. I've seen rep become a real battleground, lol! I suppose a single indicator for just "positive" or "negative" is less likely to cause trouble!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not aware of any picture upgrades as a gold member but I know it increases you capacity for private messages.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
          I'm not aware of any picture upgrades as a gold member but I know it increases you capacity for private messages.
          I guess this is the part I'm not clear on - this is from the FAQ for MiceChat Gold:

Forum AttachmentsWith 5MB of attachments, you can store your photos, and other files, right on the forum posts and our Gallery. A great alternative to other picture-posting services.

Doubled File Size for Avatars & Profile Pictures - Want to share that great animated GIF file as an avatar, but don't have enough room? With MiceChat Gold, you'll get double the file size. 500 Private Messages, and up to 10 people per message. Send out mass PMs, with double the storage limit on PMs, and double the senders.
          When I go to upload pics to an album, these instructions appear and they are the same size and quantity limitations that were on the upload before MiceChat Gold:

Pictures Remaining 54
          Maximum File Size per Picture 97.7 KB
          Maximum Picture Dimensions 600 by 600 Pixels
          Pictures will be automatically resized to fit within these constraints if possible. However, you may receive better results by doing it manually.
          So it appears that animated avatars are allowed, though mine is not working. Also, it appears that the size and overall picture storage and signature/avatar limits increase with Gold but where/how is that increase reflected?

I could be misunderstanding something here ....
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting CP.

Hopefully one of the tech savvy mods will help you out there. I'm not much of a picture poster so I'm not very helpful on that end. Welcome to Gold, I imagine you'll get answers soon but being the 5th anniversary weekend I know many of the micechatters will be preoccupied.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
              Interesting CP.

Hopefully one of the tech savvy mods will help you out there. I'm not much of a picture poster so I'm not very helpful on that end. Welcome to Gold, I imagine you'll get answers soon but being the 5th anniversary weekend I know many of the micechatters will be preoccupied.
              Thanks! That's cool ... I'm sure they are going to have a great weekend - terrific weather for Disneyland right now!
              sigpic

Comment

Toolbar?

...and one more bit of confusion - There is a toolbar? I've looked all over MiceChat Home and Forums but can't find anything like this (from FAQ):

Absolutely not! Every feature that you enjoy now will be available to you for FREE. In fact, MiceChat is planning on rolling out additional new features for the standard version of MiceChat, including:
                • A MiceChat Toolbar
                MiceChat toolbar in the main MiceChat menu, on the navigation bar (under the logo). Click "MiceChat Gold Toolbar".

Also can't tell what this is - can't find anything different under "Edit Options":

You'll also find your special styles available fron your User CP, under "Edit Options", or from the quick chooser drop-down at the bottom of any MiceChat page.
                Your MiceChat status will also change from a Green to Gold shield.

Thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHESHIRE PUSS View Post
                  When I go to upload pics to an album, these instructions appear and they are the same size and quantity limitations that were on the upload before MiceChat Gold:
                  Not sure, but if you are using albums, that's not the same as avatars and profiles. Albums may have the same limits as before.

Profile and avatar are specific uploads.

Comment

Have you tried uploading your avatar to here? That is the most direct way to do it, just click "Choose File" and upload it.

--KAN

Comment

Originally posted by KAN View Post
                      Have you tried uploading your avatar to here? That is the most direct way to do it, just click "Choose File" and upload it.

--KAN

Thanks, but yes, I have entered my avatar both ways - by upload from computer and by linking both to an outside web hosting server and to the file I uploaded to my album here. All ways produce the same result. Maybe I am misreading something and animated avatars aren't allowed here, I am not sure I have seen any others around the forum.
                      sigpic

Comment

CP I'll report this post to make sure that monorail man sees it - he should have the answers. Also, the FAQ might be a little out of date. I can't remember ever having a toolbar though
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Thank you!
                          sigpic

Comment

Is Micechat Gold ad free?
                            Yaye!

Comment

Ok, I just went Gold, I was hoping more for platinum, jk!
                              Yaye!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X