This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Seconds?

I'm just curious as to why the time allowed between searches is so long? (65 seconds). It would be way more convenient if it was 20 or 25.

Thoughts?

Re: 65 Seconds?

searches are extremely intense on the system - the throttle is necessary to keep the wheels on the bus turning smoothly

You can always use the google search w/o the time restrictions.

Comment

Ahhh...it has to do with the system. Ok. I knew there was a catch to it. :P

I only ask because the searches count for the 'New Posts' tab which I happen to be very trigger happy with that button.

Comment

It annoys me when I click it and then I think I didn't click it so I click it again and it says, "Please try again in 65 seconds."
        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
          It annoys me when I click it and then I think I didn't click it so I click it again and it says, "Please try again in 65 seconds."
          Happens to me all the time. I hate it.

I usually just subscribe to important threads and check the User CP Tab for new replies though, but I do love the New Posts listings.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
            Ahhh...it has to do with the system. Ok. I knew there was a catch to it. :P

I only ask because the searches count for the 'New Posts' tab which I happen to be very trigger happy with that button.
            As others have mentioned... usercp doesn't do a search the same and therefore doesn't have the throttling. You can view all the threads you are subscribed to right from the CP. It's the quickest way to get to your activity.. and then when done check out 'new posts' for threads you haven't been active in. It's a good way to surf the site. Good luck!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X