Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

New Feature - Highlight to Discover

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Feature - Highlight to Discover

Howdy folks,

We have a new feature that we are trialing on most of the site. It is called Highlight to Discover and it does exactly what the name implies. You can search MiceChat and the internet simply by highlighting any word or phrase on MiceChat. And the best part is that you don't even need to leave the page you are reading to do so. The search results (web pages, videos, photos, etc.) show up in a little box on top of the page you are reading.

For example. Let's say you are reading a trip report on Tokyo Disneyland and decide that you want more information about the park or want to quickly find more photos and discussions. Just highlight the word "Tokyo Disneyland" and you'll see a "Learn More" box pop up. Simply click on it to discover!

Once you click on "Learn More", a search result window will pop up with your options. It will list a definition at the top, MiceChat page results under that, and Google and Bing results under MiceChat. Plus, you'll have the option to click the tabs for Videos and Images as well!!!

It's an easy and fun way to explore the site. Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Have fun discovering!

Dusty and the MiceChat crew
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Re: New Feature - Highlight to Discover

Amazing! I love this! It's kinda like the thing where you right click a word, and Google it, but quicker, and easier!

Thank You Dusty!

Comment

Hmm, good idea in theory, but it doesn't work for me. Is it limited to IE? I am running Google Chrome on Ubuntu 10.10. I'd love to see this working!

Then again, we're only a few days in and I'm sure MM has some kinks to work out.

--KAN

Comment

Works for me on Chrome for Mac. I wonder if it's limited to Windows and Mac OS.
        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X