This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a balance reputation?

I have one Green, one Red, and two Gray reputation points. I don't see an option for neutrally rating posts, so I was wondering what the gray ones mean.

Thanks!

Please check out my website too!

Re: What is a balance reputation?

When you see the gray it means it was given by someone who is either new to the site and hasn't had time to build up enough "experience" to be able to give point value rep, or someone who doesn't have enough positive rep themselves. In the case of "gray" rep, it carries no point value itself... it counts as a "0" value, neither positive or negative.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Interesting...thankyou!

Please check out my website too!

Comment

A follow up question - when a person has more time on the site, or enough reputation points, will the gray feedback become green/red feedback for past reputation points?

Or is it only reputation points they give after that will count?

Just curious really.

Comment

Originally posted by BonVivant View Post
          A follow up question - when a person has more time on the site, or enough reputation points, will the gray feedback become green/red feedback for past reputation points?

Or is it only reputation points they give after that will count?

Just curious really.
          Now that's definitely interesting. Never thought of that. I would think yes. But I'll leave that answer for the mods or admins.
          sigpic

Comment

Um... I think that points are locked in at whatever time they are given. In other words... if a point value given is gray, it stays gray even if the person who gives it gains enough experience later on to give actual green/red points.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I thought they also greyed out after they expired?

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                Um... I think that points are locked in at whatever time they are given. In other words... if a point value given is gray, it stays gray even if the person who gives it gains enough experience later on to give actual green/red points.
                Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                I thought they also greyed out after they expired?
                Both of these statements are true. To prevent Spamming of the system, a grey rep is given if that user can't give rep yet (isn't a day old or has one post), or if the user has a Unhelpful or Very Unhelpful ranking (we had a slight issue early on when Unhelpful members were just marking people as Unhelpful out of retaliation). When reputation expires, it also goes from red/green to grey.
                -Monorail Man

Comment

I learn something new every day here at MiceChat. It's never a bad thing to know how things work. Especially something as important as the Reputation system.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

unfortunatly nothing can be done about those who've been treated slightly unfairly from one single thread.

Comment

Originally posted by GregC View Post
                      unfortunatly nothing can be done about those who've been treated slightly unfairly from one single thread.
                      Not true. Those who think they've been treated unfairly can PM a moderator, who will review the neg rep and either remove it or explain to the recipient why it should stand.
                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Rep will also go grey when a moderator removes rep which was not given in accordance with our rules. We leave the comment, so that if the member who gave that rep continues to break the rules, we will know that we may have a continuing problem that needs to be addressed.
                        "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                        raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

ok so i had X Amount points earlier today, i have some grey reps, i think those hae expired as they are from a month back or so, and now i am down to x ammount points now .. so what happend? i didn't get any taken away, because those same grey ones i've seen are the same grey ones that again have greyed out from before august... so what happend? i didn't get a bad rep, i didn't get a notice saying that i had points taken away.... so i went from very helpfull to just helpfull in almost a day, with points taken away and i am not sure why.....maybe it was because i posted i had to back out of the single rider's meet? i doubt that! I have abided by the MC rules of the board.. so i don't get the point deduction, is it just plain and simple the grey's took points off?
                          Last edited by Poisonedapples; 09-29-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                            ok so i had 11 points earlier today, i have some grey reps, i think those hae expired as they are from a month back or so, and now i am down to 6 points now .. so what happend? i didn't get any taken away, because those same grey ones i've seen are the same grey ones that again have greyed out from before august... so what happend? i didn't get a bad rep, i didn't get a notice saying that i had points taken away.... so i went from very helpfull to just helpfull in almost a day, with points taken away and i am not sure why.....

so if they go grey then you get points deducted?!
                            I believe that your rep most likely expired. It happened to me today, as well. I had a lot of rep expire all at once.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                              I believe that your rep most likely expired. It happened to me today, as well. I had a lot of rep expire all at once.
                              Ohh ok. I was all worried that I had done something wrong and wasn't even given a reason why.. LOL

ok that makes sense...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X