This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micechat typing issues

I and a couple other people have noticed this happening lately, where we'll be replying to a thread typing away like we normally do, only to look up and see that half of what we just had typed isn't there. It doesnt happen all the time but on occasion.

I think part of it has to do with the fact that there are SO many graphics being loaded that the typing gets lost in the shuffle, but I can't be 100% sure.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know of a reason for this? Is there a cure? Or do I just need to, when I want to reply to a thread, sit there for a minute until everything is loaded onto the page (which seems time consuming and silly).

Thank you for your time and have a lovely day

Re: Micechat typing issues

ohhhhhhhhhhh i thought it was just me!!! do you get that 'flippy' page problem too? like you have to literally chase the box around just to type in it? haha!

Comment

I never have that problem. I just wait until everything loads. According to you, I'm just "silly".
      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

yep I have the same problem,

Comment

Originally posted by pixywingz
          ohhhhhhhhhhh i thought it was just me!!! do you get that 'flippy' page problem too? like you have to literally chase the box around just to type in it? haha!
          yep I get that to

Comment

i never have had this problem.. just thought this thread was about me and all of my TYPOS.. LOL

Friends for life

Comment

The only time I have had this problem is when my PC is running a bit slow. Usually though if I wait a second everything I typed will quickly get typed in as the computer got what I said but just took a seocnd to process it all.

Comment

Onut... you just have to wait for the page to load all the way. I have the same problem... drives me nuts! I have to remind myself to be paitent, wait for the page to load, and put my mind in a zen place.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Yes, I've had that problem, especially in photo heavy threads. In my opinion, it's the signatures that people have, that in some cases are so photo heavy, that it takes forever to load, and then you have to find the quick reply box, chase it, and start typing.

Comment

I have,
                    Esp. lately, the board's been running really slow for me!
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
                      In my opinion, it's the signatures that people have, that in some cases are so photo heavy, that it takes forever to load, and then you have to find the quick reply box, chase it, and start typing.
                      Not THAT again!!! :bang:

Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Sometimes what happens to me is...and this drives me buts...I'll be typing a reply, and then my rather large fingers apparently hit the wrong combo of keys...and the whole IE browser shuts down, so I've obviously lost what I'd been typing....I have no cluse what combo of keys does this ...and as you all know I have a slight tendency to be long-winded... )

--looks like I made it through this one okay...

--Barry
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

In my opinion, it's the signatures that people have, that in some cases are so photo heavy, .
                          I turn off the annoying signatures. Seems to help - not much, but at least a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY
                            I turn off the annoying signatures. Seems to help - not much, but at least a bit.
                            Do you mean you turn off your own signature while posting? Fair enough, but can you turn all signatures, even those from other users, off, while viewing the boards?

Comment

Fair enough, but can you turn all signatures, even those from other users, off, while viewing the boards?
                              You sure can! UserCP, then Options. There's a check box for showing avatars and/or signatures.

I've never used it, but I know lots of people on the board do.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X