Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Signatures - Can we do something?

Some signatures of late are just out of control.. some even take up a full page on a XGA monitor alone! Are there limits to how large these sigs can be.. and if so, can we do something about it?

Its very distracting and of course network intensive.

Re: Crazy Signatures - Can we do something?

Let me be the first to tell you, there have been many, many, many threads about this already. The general consensus is to turn off signatures in your UserCP - Options.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

Comment

Rabble Rabble Rabble!
      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

peeks in runs like heck out of here )))))))))
        Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 08-31-2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Aaaarrrrggghhhh *runs from room*

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

Hey who left the dead horse on the road??!! I thought they picked it up already.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
              Some signatures of late are just out of control.. some even take up a full page on a XGA monitor alone! Are there limits to how large these sigs can be.. and if so, can we do something about it?

Its very distracting and of course network intensive.
              A quick search revealed the following:

http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26918
              http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22216
              http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22051
              http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19101
              http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18343
              http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30700

Here's the cliff's notes version: No one is going to "do" anything about it. If you find the signatures distracting, there is a feature where you can turn them off.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Well like I said before. MC should consider opening up a new Lounge, maybe in the litter box or something, that is called "Negative Disney". This will contain threads about Stroller moms and dads, bad CMs, bad maintainence, etc. and now threads about signatures. Then after this new lounge would be created, MC should give chatters the opportunity to block the lounge in their UserCP.

This lounge would help cut down on all the dang repeat threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                  A quick search revealed the following:

http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26918
                  http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22216
                  http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22051
                  http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19101
                  http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18343
                  http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30700

Here's the cliff's notes version: No one is going to "do" anything about it. If you find the signatures distracting, there is a feature where you can turn them off.
                  Thank you for saving me the time Hype. This is exactly what I was coming in to do.

Comment

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I think there should be a new forum devoted to complaining about signatures. There seems to be a very odd need for such a forum....
                      -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post

That picture grosses me out every time you post it!!!! inch:

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by All Aglow View Post
                          Let me be the first to tell you, there have been many, many, many threads about this already. The general consensus is to turn off signatures in your UserCP - Options.
                          Why should all have to suffer to the abuse of a few? I like signatures very much.. but some people are just absurd with them. The problem is the particular users, not the feature.

Well of those 6 threads you posted.. only 2 deal with limiting signatures sizes.. and only 2 even have ANY input from the Administrators.. which is why I posted it in this forum, not general, etc. You could have also just posted what Dusty has posted on the topic. So thanks for making me browse through multiple pointless threads.

If you are annoyed so much about the topic bringing brought up.. maybe you should recognize there is a REASON its brought up so much?

Actually, that's not the constructive answer from Dusty. You should also note part of my OP was the QUESTION on if there were limits.

Originally posted by Dustysage
                          A friendly (I must emphasize FRIENDLY) PM to the people who have abusively long sig lines might help them realize that they are causing your pages to load slowly. After a few such PMs, they'll get the picture - so to speak.
                          Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                          I think there should be a new forum devoted to complaining about signatures. There seems to be a very odd need for such a forum....

Maybe because its a problem (as seen by many people, not just a few). And because there are simple controls available in the software which could be used to limit the abuse. I understand the admins may have decided not to use it, but given the frequency of such complaints (as posted by everyone of the replies here) maybe that should clue someone in.

Comment

Maybe because its a problem (as seen by many people, not just a few). And because there are simple controls available in the software which could be used to limit the abuse. I understand the admins may have decided not to use it, but given the frequency of such complaints (as posted by everyone of the replies here) maybe that should clue someone in.
                            The problem is, that's not a majority of the people here. Micechat runs many things on what the majority says. If the majority thinks a member is out of line, they take care of it. Those complaining do not make up the majority. The ones that complain are in the minority. No website can function if they go for everything that every minority demands of them.

Everybody here knows that all you need to do is turn them off or deal with it if you don't like them.
                            -Tim

Comment

Why should all have to suffer to the abuse of a few? I like signatures very much.. but some people are just absurd with them. The problem is the particular users, not the feature.

Well of those 6 threads you posted.. only 2 deal with limiting signatures sizes.. and only 2 even have ANY input from the Administrators.. which is why I posted it in this forum, not general, etc. You could have also just posted what Dusty has posted on the topic. So thanks for making me browse through multiple pointless threads.

If you are annoyed so much about the topic bringing brought up.. maybe you should recognize there is a REASON its brought up so much?

Actually, that's not the constructive answer from Dusty. You should also note part of my OP was the QUESTION on if there were limits.

Wow. Testy aren't we?

I'm not annoyed at all. I was trying to be helpful by giving examples of the numerous times signatures (and the variations) have been discussed, showing that it HAS been addressed by the Mods and Administrators. Excuse the hell out of me for trying to be helpful.

I should point out that it is a VERY tiny minority who have issues with the signatures, that the "should all have to suffer to the abuse of a few? " argument has been beaten to fricking death, and it has been made VERY VERY clear by the powers that be around here that there will be NO CHANGE made to the current signature policy.

I was just trying to save you the time of going through something that has already been gone through a bizillion times. With all due respect, your posts above sound like you're getting WAY too worked up over some freaking signatures. Turn them off or use your magic scroll button... it ain't that difficult. I'm done being helpful now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X