This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer & Video Games- Confusing?

To those that use it regulary, the Computer & Video Games board isn't confusing. It's about video games: both computer and console.

To others though, those looking for a place to post about Computer/Technology, it's easy to mistake it for the board to do that. It's easy to overlook the Tech Board. It's not an important problem, but the slight ambiguity of "and" in the English language makes the board's title mean "Computer Games & Video Games" to some, and "Computers & Video Games" to others.

I don't propose any solution, but it seems like there's one topic a week that has to be moved. There are four just on the first page. I'm just making the topic known more formally. If you think anything should be done to prevent it in the future... Your call, admins.

Re: Computer & Video Games- Confusing?

well, the Computer & Video Games forums are part of the entertainment grouper so 'most' members wouldn't mix it up.

We could fix the problem by moving The Tech Lounge to a different area other than the lounge? Perhaps it could be grouped with The Forums since that forum is about tech issues with the forums as well as suggestions dealing with the forums and the tech has similar description?

Comment

Hm... I believe The Tech Lounge fits nicely where it is, since it's not specifically about the forums.

And the location of the games board fits too, since it's Entertainment. So...?

Comment

Originally posted by pizzamousechips View Post
        Hm... I believe The Tech Lounge fits nicely where it is, since it's not specifically about the forums.

And the location of the games board fits too, since it's Entertainment. So...?
        what I mean, the location of forums and computer and video games is seem well... the newer people, or those who are really sleepy might not notice the tech forum being located inside the lounge forum.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
          what I mean, the location of forums and computer and video games is seem well... the newer people, or those who are really sleepy might not notice the tech forum being located inside the lounge forum.
          Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, the Tech Lounge defaults as one of the small sections/dropdowns of the Lounge section. Not hard to see, but for the unfamiliar, easy to overlook.

Comment

Computer and Video Games is now Digital Gaming.
            -Monorail Man

Comment

Also, if you see a post (anywhere) that is better suited for a different forum, then please report it... Sometimes we miss posts
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                Also, if you see a post (anywhere) that is better suited for a different forum, then please report it... Sometimes we miss posts
                are you sure... last i checked..

DO NOT report posts that you disagree with, are in the wrong forum, etc.

Comment

For those who missed it, our Monorail Man changed the name of the forum to "Digital Gaming" to avoid confusion.

Thank you all for your comments and to Monorail Man for coming up with a nice solution.

-Dusty
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X