• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill
    Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Should the Meets Forum be split?

I don't question most Mice Chat things, but in an attempt to gain members who meet on a regular basis in WDW, I now ask you the question, should this forum be split into the following forums?

Disneyland Meets
    Walt Disney World Meets
    Other Meets (unless we have meets concentrated in another Disney Resort, which I don't know of right now)

The main reason I ask is that many posts are about meeting at the castle or the hub or at some place that can be found in WDW or DL. It gets too confusing to figure out what geographical location meets are actually taking place. Meets are getting lost in the clutter, and I think the only way to get meets in WDW is to have a special forum for them. So, what do you think?
    Yes, split it 3 ways. (One for DL, one for WDW, and one for Other)
    50.00%
    No, keep it all in one forum.
    32.35%
    Something else... (I have a better idea) please describe.
    17.65%
    -Bill
  • Bill
    Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Re: Should this forum be split?

I should also probably add that you should post on this thread as well to keep it alive so the MC Admins can see the demand for it.
    -Bill

Comment

• BlueSkyDriveBy
      time to go
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      It gets too confusing to figure out what geographical location meets are actually taking place. Meets are getting lost in the clutter, and I think the only way to get meets in WDW is to have a special forum for them. So, what do you think?
      Yes. Split the forum. The parks are all over the globe. Geographical designators saves time and frustration.
      "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

• TikiRoomLiz
        MiceChatter
        • Oct 2006

It is hard to figure what park the original poster is talking about if they don't say - but I don't think that the forum needs to be split at all. Recently they added those little side markers that show you if a thread is a question, trip report, pictures, nemo ... etc. You know those little things to the left hand side of the thread.

Well I think it would help to have these types of markers for the "Meets and Events Scheduling" thread. You can have one for all the parks and add an other option as well. I think that would be a better idea instead of having different forums.

Comment

• MollyTrolly
          Hiding in the shadows
          • Jan 2007

^^^ I like TRL's idea about leaving it in one place and additing markers to the left side. There are already so many forums.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

• wolfy
            Still wants to be a cat!
            • Jan 2005

Split them up....then there will be no question as to which Park the meet is taking place at.
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• CUatDL
              See you there!
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
              ^^^ I like TRL's idea about leaving it in one place and additing markers to the left side. There are already so many forums.

Maybe find some way to automate the placement of the flag as well.

Just MHO, YMMV,

CU@DL

Andy
              -
              What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

• Cmash95
                Banned User
                • Jul 2005

you can split them us within the meets forum one section for DL, one for WDW not sure what other meets there would be. or do it geographically one for california and one for florida. that way if you want to post a meet like the wicked meet you can still do it and not have so many different sections. of course the other thing you could do is how other boards do it and place a meet section under the park . thus disneyland meets would be listed as a subsection of the DL section and WDW could do the same.

Comment

• Bill
                  Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Excellent ideas! Keep em coming!
                  -Bill

Comment

• lazyboy97O
                    враг народа
                    • Mar 2005

I never understood a seperate meets forum seperate from the park discussions. Why not a meet subforum in each resort forum?

Comment

• dizzydisneydee
                      The Unknown Princess
                      • Jul 2005

But then again you have meets that are away from Disney..such as a movie or a gathering in a different state...what do you do then? Shove it in Other?
                      :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
                      --------------------------------------------------------
                      :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Melonballer
                        Shablagoo!
                        • May 2005

I'd probably do California, Florida, and other for the 3 sections.

Comment

• Coheteboy
                          Starcruiser.. crash crash
                          MiceChat Moderator
                          • Sep 2005

I say keep it together. So far anytime the meet has been in anywhere OTHER than CA, it has been noted specifically in the thread title.

But I do t hink it would be most helpful if there was some sort of flag for each thread to say which park the meet is for. That would be the most simplest way.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Bill
                            Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Yeah, basically Other would be used for other meets. Unless a MC fan-base grows in other geographical areas of the world, only Florida and Cali are needed for now.
                            -Bill

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                              Iron-Clad Allie
                              • Feb 2005

Let's keep it intact as one forum, but have three ways within it.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                Iron-Clad Allie
                                • Feb 2005

The DL meets dominate the thread anyway. To separate the other less popular threads would only serve to cause people to pay less attention to them than they do now - especially little meets taking place outside of a theme park.

Comment

• figment1986
                                  Banned User
                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                                  The DL meets dominate the thread anyway. To separate the other less popular threads would only serve to cause people to pay less attention to them than they do now - especially little meets taking place outside of a theme park.
                                  yes, but their are times when we post a thread about a wdw meet.. and it get buried. and then lost, if their was a way to differentiate the meets, it would help when meets coincide with each other (even worse at the same place) and never happen again...

we have separated other forums before such as digital gaming had kingdom hearts and roller coaster tycoon separated...

separate WDW from DLR meets would not be that bad of an idea... of course we would have to wait for dusty or monorail man or one of the mods to talk about it, which could take time since they are all busy.

Comment

• Bill
                                    Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                                    Not really, many meets just say, "meet at this time at the hub." No one says what hub they are talking about! It's too confusing, and SOMETHING must change. Perhaps not more forums, but SOMETHING needs to be done to fix this problem.
                                    -Bill

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                      Iron-Clad Allie
                                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                                      yes, but their are times when we post a thread about a wdw meet.. and it get buried. and then lost, if their was a way to differentiate the meets, it would help when meets coincide with each other (even worse at the same place) and never happen again...

we have separated other forums before such as digital gaming had kingdom hearts and roller coaster tycoon separated...

separate WDW from DLR meets would not be that bad of an idea... of course we would have to wait for dusty or monorail man or one of the mods to talk about it, which could take time since they are all busy.
                                      OK. I see your point, figment, and have an idea. Let's take a look at the Micechat Main Lounge model -

MiceChat Main Lounge (36 Viewing)
                                      Gibson Girls
                                      Lost Boys
                                      Fun and Games Lounge
                                      The Tech Lounge
                                      Break Room
                                      Litter Box

As you can see, posters can start a thread by selecting any given sub-topic forum that they want, i;e. Lost Lounge, Fun and Games Lounge or whatev. However, they can still opt to post under the main forum title, MiceChat Main Lounge.

I propose a functional compromise for Meet and Greets that is in line with this model. Have specific sub-forums that seperate and signify local Non-park meets, special; WDW meets, regularly occuring WDW hub meets, special Disneyland meets, and regularly occuring DL hub meets.

But, still allow those who start threads to post under the main Meet and Greet forum should they so desire. In this manner, we would eliminate a lot of the disjointed confusion, plus allow for freedom of choice.

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                      Not really, many meets just say, "meet at this time at the hub." No one says what hub they are talking about! It's too confusing, and SOMETHING must change. Perhaps not more forums, but SOMETHING needs to be done to fix this problem.
                                      The hub area referred to in the post should be clearly designated as to it's location.

Comment

• PEZZ Lightyear
                                        PEZZ in the Fez
                                        • Aug 2006

^^ I am liking this idea a lot ^^

Have sub-forums for the respective Disney Parks and a general category for all other places/events.

This way, all Parks can have their own place for Meets and not get buried by the DL ones. Meets could be planned for further way (chronologically speaking) this way as well.

Maybe this would help this site be more friendly to everyone and all locations?? We're all about friendly!
                                        How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                                        :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X