This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant e-mail notification

I know a lot of people don't use this feature, but I sure do. I use it to follow threads from another browser.

I noticed it's not very instant any more, since all the changes were made. Don't know if this will be corrected or if I should just get used to it. It now takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to get an "instant" e-mail.

Sorry if I'm being picky, but thought I'd ask anyways.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Re: Instant e-mail notification

I noticed that myself as well, Diane. You're not alone.
    Originally posted by aashee
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

I'm getting them within a minute. What email provider are you using?

It's possible they are delaying mail from micechat due to suspected spamming (many software filters think forum mails are spam). Deferring mail and throttling are some of the ways some providers (like AOL) try to combat spammers, often catching legit websites in the process.

AOL has been the worst in my experience of helping my members. You have to be part of a special whitelist for AOL to stop screwing with your mail.

If you look at the mail headers of the message, you can see when it was sent, when it was receieved, etc.

Notifications are working fine for me (on yahoo)
      Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
      Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
      Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Darn it, should have know it had to do with AOL! Used to work fine though before the changes here, but that could do it. Thanks for the heads up!

- Wolfette

Comment

I have mine set to send me notifications of PMs. But I still have to check since I am not getting emails for each PM now.

I was wondering what changed, too.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
            Darn it, should have know it had to do with AOL! Used to work fine though before the changes here, but that could do it. Thanks for the heads up!
            Well they did change servers lately... which means Micechat mail is coming from a different IP... which could have had a negative history with AOL... or Micechat could have not had its whitelist entry updated at AOL with the new IP.. etc

AOL is verrrry unresponsive when it comes to these issues. It took awhile for my site to beat through AOL that we didn't have a spammer history, they couldn't show us a spammer history, so STOP treating us as spammers.
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

I wasn't having that problem this morning, but now I am. I've gotten 2 PM's and not email alert. Just passing it on.
              Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
              FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
              I bring the magic!!!
              "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
              Originally posted by Reverend DMother
              Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

AOL just updated their progam.....now I getting nothing from Micechat at all! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

- Wolfette

Comment

I've submitted the site to be whitelisted for AOL (again). Generally, this takes a couple of business days.
                  -Monorail Man

Comment

It worked MM.....got 74 e-mails this morning!

- Wolfette

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X