This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New buttons by the Quote button???

I can't find info on this anywhere, so I have to ask...

What are all those new buttons on the lower right of some posts that link to "Submit to Clesto, Submit to Digg, Submit to Reddit... etc."

Re: New buttons by the Quote button???

What? No one knows? They are right there at the bottom of this post. ^^^^(I don't know how to do a screen print on a PC, sorry).

Comment

I see them on your first post, but not the second. So, I clicked one....and it says please wait, sending page to server. I didn't wait. It was taking to long.

Comment

those are weird, they all sumit to some where. I am wondering if they are a mistake. ???

Comment

its also only on the maker of a new thread....anyone,anyone?

Comment

They allow you to submit threads to popular online member-based news communities (Digg, Reddit, Clesto, etc.).
            -Monorail Man

Comment

And they only need to be on the initial post to submit the entire thread, thats why you only see them on the first post.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

lol too late!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                  They allow you to submit threads to popular online member-based news communities (Digg, Reddit, Clesto, etc.).
                  Never heard of ANY of them. Still not sure why they are necessary, but thanks for the info anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                    Never heard of ANY of them. Still not sure why they are necessary, but thanks for the info anyway.
                    maybe it helps increase traffic or membership from the site...who knows...*shrug*

Comment

I had them on PMs too. Which made me a little uncomfortable....

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                        I can understand that. I'm not sure I even want my MC public threads being submitted to places I've never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          maybe it helps increase traffic or membership from the site...who knows...*shrug*
                          Thats one of the reasons. Increased traffic on the site means more eyeballs looking, more eyeballs looking means potentially more revenue, more revenue means more cool stuff for MiceChat and more things we can do...

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                          I'm not sure why they are showing up on PM's.... there is no reason to tag a PM because those can't be seen by just anyone anyway. Same for threads in the clubs. If someone trys to read a thread in a club they don't belong to they will be denied access. The submission buttons are mainly for threads in the Resort Forums, News, etc. I'm guessing its a code issue that they are appearing everywhere and that MonorailMan will be tweeking and refining everything in the weeks to come.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I can understand that. I'm not sure I even want my MC public threads being submitted to places I've never heard of.

but your threads are already viewable by the public.. and already seen and indexed by search engines, etc. This doesn't change anything.

Your thread is already the #1 hit on google for this search string anyways

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+b...ient=firefox-a
                            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                              but your threads are already viewable by the public.. and already seen and indexed by search engines, etc. This doesn't change anything.

Your thread is already the #1 hit on google for this search string anyways

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+b...ient=firefox-a
                              Interesting. Still doesn't feel the same as actually being submitted somewhere. I mean who is actually going to google "new buttons quote"?

Comment

Interesting. Still doesn't feel the same as actually being submitted somewhere. I mean who is actually going to google "new buttons quote"?
                                Your posts are already being 'formatted' to make them easier to find by search engines (why there are tags and the urls used for new posts). The site probably submits special instructions and indexable pages to the search engines already. Your threads are already being 'submitted' as soon as you create them to the search engines.

Its my belief (IMHO) these buttons don't do have much difference anyways. People are submitting threads like this anyways - this just makes it easier for them to do it (rather then copying and pasting lots of info, etc). People must still be participating in those sites to make the submissions.

Your threads and posts are already read by thousands of people you don't know or may not know are reading it today. What difference does it make if more people read them?

When your thread is 'submitted' its simply pointing people back here to read the thread anyways - which people are doing to start with. Now its just potentially more people.

think of it as someone sending an email to their friends and said 'hey, check out this thread'... but its sent to a lot more friends

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

Your threads and posts are already read by thousands of people you don't know or may not know are reading it today. What difference does it make if more people read them?
                                  Whatever. Not worth arguing about since I know these posts are being read by thousands of virtual strangers already. Which is why I never post anything too personal (knowing my dog's name is as far as I'll go ) Maybe I would have felt better if we'd been notified, or if I'd ever heard of Digg, Reddit, Clesto, etc.

I haven't lost any sleep over it and I'm done now. :wave:

Comment

you should check them out.. digg especially. Think of them as the same as one of your friends sending you a link and saying 'check this out'.

The popularity or user ratings of articles causes them to rise and fall... so you have the masses sorting out for you what is interesting or not out on the web.

Interesting stuff

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

you should check them out.. digg especially. Think of them as the same as one of your friends sending you a link and saying 'check this out'.
                                      Will do!

Comment

You guys figured it all out on your own!

These little buttons are for the top news and link sharing sites. They help boost our traffic and help bring people to your threads.

If you see a fantastic topic on MiceChat, feel free to share it with the world. Using one of those little buttons just helps make it easy for you.

-Dusty
                                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                        Save

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X